Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutie Table Top Frame by Grace Company

Hello everyone,

I have another question for you all. Is anyone familiar with or ever owned the Cutie Table Top Frame by the Grace Company? I would like to try quilting, but don't want to invest a lot of money into it at first. I see they have these frames on sale now and am curious how good they are and if they are worth the money? Is it the right direction to go for a beginner? Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated, thank you.
    Nancy

I bought one a while back but due to life getting in the way I haven’t even used it yet. I know if one individual here that has one and she loves it. Hopefully she will comment here. From what I see having mine almost ready to go it will work well but you can only do a small amount and then move the quilt. Still would get things done quicker and maybe easier than just on a domestic sewing machine alone.
    Carlie

Comment

I have the Qzone frame, similar to the cutie frame, just with legs. I have a Bernina 830 with large throat space.
      The frame is easy to assemble and the platform moves smoothly. I have not used it much for overall quilting but if I am doing a motif within a small area it works ok. I find it awkward to place my machine on the platform, I have to remove the pressure foot and needle. It is easy to place the quilt on the frame but the machine can't reach the all the area.
      . I still use it occasionally but have focused on fmq without the frame.. I am contemplating purchasing a machine that will be able to utilize the frame better than my domestic machine.
      . these are my thoughts, hope they help.

Comment

I have the Cutie and I really like it. You still have to move your quilt alot, but to me it is easier than using my sewing machine and moving a huge quilt around in it. I wish I could leave it up all the time. It would be sew much easier, but I do like it.

Retha

Comment

• NancyH
          NancyH commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello Retha,
          The throat on my machine is only about nine inches. Will this frame work with such a small throat?
          Thank you,

• Retha
          Retha commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it will work, but you will have to move your quilt more often. But it will work.

IF, and I don't so this won't happen-LOL If I could leave mine up all the time I would get a Baby Lock Jazz II and leave it on all the time. As my mom used to say "If wishes were horses".

Thank you all for responding. I greatly appreciate all your assistance.
        Nancy

Comment

Retha,

Thank you for your input. I totally understand "if wishes were horses". I haven't heard that saying in a long time. I did contact the Grace company and they said it will fit 7" to 19". I guess that will be pushing it, but to start out I think I will take the plunge. I do not sew for income so it is not like I will be using it a lot. It hopefully will be a starting point and make life a little easier. Thank you again.
          Nancy

Comment

• Lilora
            Lilora commented
            Editing a comment
            Nancy, I am glad you did your research. You will build your skills with the cutie
        Working...
        X