My first word!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first word!

I finally received my Word Play Quilts book yesterday. I want to make a Valentine's Day wall hanging with the words "Hugs and Kisses" on it. I made the word "hugs" tonight. What fun! I think these words could become addicting. I really like the wonky look of the words in the book. Mine are fairly straight, but as I make more, I'm really going to experiment with making them wonkier.
    Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Re: My first word!

I am so glad you got your book, and your excitement is infectious. That would be so cool to applique words on a quilt.
    I will have to look into that book, I have another one that is on my want list too, but some fabric had to come 1st.
    Lola
    :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

The words aren't appliqued, they are pieced together. It's a fun technique. You can really play with it.
      Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Comment

Be sure and post pics. Would love to see them.
        Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

ooooh, aahhhhh, would love to see your words, wonky or not! Sounds like f-u-n!
          Sewing mends the soul.
          sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
          Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
          ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Now I am really excited to see your words. about thinking it was applique. It does sound like alot of fun!
            Lola
            :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Here's a pic:
              Lisa

Comment

cute!! I am in a bee and working on word blocks for the person who has January as their month. I was scared....but you have given me the confidence I think I needed to get cracking on them!! thanks!
                Michele

Comment

What a cute idea!! I am sooo getting this book! Your word looks awesome!

Comment

Here's a link to the gal's website.
                    http://lazygalquilting.blogspot.com/
                    This where I first got the inspiration. I ordered the book from Amazon. It's got quite a bit of tips and tricks. I love it, I'm going to copy the last pages and put them in a sheet protector--cause I'm afraid I'll wear it out. I can't wait to play with these. I love her basic rule in the book:
                    If it's not long, enough add more.
                    If it's too long, cut it off.
                    Lisa

Comment

There's so much you can do with words. Sounds like an awesome book.
                      Lin

Comment

Working...
                      X