Nature's Lodge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nature's Lodge

I am having a terrible time with Tonga Nature's Lodge. I can not get the Y seams in block 9 to form 90* angles. I'm not a proficient quilter but my daughter wanted this pattern for her wedding. It's the page 10 instructions that are killing me. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Lynnette K View Post
    I am having a terrible time with Tonga Nature's Lodge. I can not get the Y seams in block 9 to form 90* angles. I'm not a proficient quilter but my daughter wanted this pattern for her wedding. It's the page 10 instructions that are killing me. Any help would be appreciated.
    Maybe post this in the Quilting Questions sections. You might get more help. I'm not familiar with this pattern. Sorry
    Annie
    "The Mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Comment

• Lynnette K
      Lynnette K commented
      Editing a comment
      Im totally new to this. Where do I find quilting questions?

If you do a google search for "Y seam tutorials" you will find lots of good ones. I'll link to one below. Y seams don't typically form 90-degree angles so you may be worrying needlessly. Maybe someone will come along that has made this pattern.
    https://www.craftsy.com/post/y-seam-tutorial/
    Last edited by quiltingaway; January 14, 2022, 08:23 PM. Reason: I forgot to include a link.
    Annie
    "The Mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Comment

Someone on here might have the pattern but if not it would be good to reach out to the pattern designer.
      Vernona (Beaverton OR)

Comment

• Lynnette K
        Lynnette K commented
        Editing a comment
        I tired once. Maybe I'll try that again. Thanks

91B389C9-2F9C-4CA3-B314-2954FBF0138C.jpg Is this the pattern? Which block has the Y seam?

Comment

• Lynnette K
        Lynnette K commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. That is the pattern and the Y seams are in the middle square. They are the colored diamond pieces around the outside.

Lynette,

Hello &Welcome

Can you post a picture of your fabric pieces? We will try to help you.

I mark the 1/4 inch seam first on both pieces to see where they should meet.
      A bucket of sunshine from the East Coast FL!
      Like sands through the hour glass-sew are the days of our lives!

Comment

Would this work for you? I think it will prevent "Y" seams.

Sew the 9 blocks together in a traditional row setting (outlined in yellow) using 3 across & 3 down.

Then sew the corner triangle blocks onto the 9 blocks (outlined in aqua)

Next step is to add the borders.

Example.jpg

A bucket of sunshine from the East Coast FL!
        Like sands through the hour glass-sew are the days of our lives!

Comment

Working...
        X