Has anyone seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone seen?

Have you seen a catalog put out by Connecting Threads? I've never heard of it yet I received a copy in the mail yesterday. The fabric seems awfully inexpensive and I haven't heard of many of the brand names so am wondering if the quality is OK or would I be disappointed if I ordered. Let us know if you have tried any of their products.

Pat

Re: Has anyone seen?

Hi there
    I get the catalog and sporadic email newsletter. I have purchased from them in the past and will be placing an order soon. Their quality is fine and I like that it is American produced. Not exactly super quilt store quality but superior to my usual Joanne's selection and the prices are better, too.
    If you are like me and every other quilter I know, you love to feel the fabric before you purchase. that has always been my bugaboo when ordering online. I was not disappointed with this company.

That said, if someone else has had a negative experience, I hope they don't mind sharing that with the group.

Always blessed
    Blondie
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

I've never seen a catalog from them but I do get their on-line announcements. They are quite reputable and I would not hesitate to purchase from them.
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I have ordered from them before also and have not had a problem. However, if you order a kit - be careful to not make any mistakes. My girlfriend said she got the EXACT amount she needed to use and was afraid she would mess something up to need more. Anybody else have any kit experience with them?

Hugs,
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

I have not ordered fabric from them but I have ordered their thread. I really do like it and have used it alot.
          Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I get that catalogue as well, and was wondering the same thing, thanks for the input!
            ~Laurie

Comment

Hi, I ordered a kit and I wouldn't say there was a lot extra but I do have some in my stash! The kit turned out real nice. I'm thinking about trying their thread for the LongArm too. There is a picture of the finished quilt from the kit in my album It is the one called Sweet & Sour.
              Last edited by KarenB; January 8, 2011, 08:53 AM.

Comment

The reason you haven't heard about their fabrics is because they are their own fabrics. They design them and sell them and it's the only place you can get them. it's like ordering directly from the manufacturer.
                Michele

Comment

I have ordered from them once and found their website and service to be very good. Their prices are excellent but I agree with Blondie that their fabric is not of the same quality as standard quilt shop name brand fabric. I too love to "feel" my fabrics and felt that the Connecting Threads fabric was of a lesser density and looser weave. They make their own fabrics and manage to keep the costs very reasonable. The fabric would be just fine for any regular quilt project and perfect for making samples and practicing new skills, but I would probably not use it for that very special gift or heirloom project.
                  Linda
                  -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

this is good to know. i have been getting their magazine for awhile now and always tempted to buy but wasn't sure of the fabric. I will have to try them out.
                    Patrice

Comment

I bought some of their thread. I also bought one of their kits and must have gotten lucky because I had enough fabric to make two of the wall hangings from it. I agree that their fabric is of a different quality but they do have some cute wall hangings and table runners/toppers that I think the fabrics are fine for that sort of project.
                      Shelia

Comment

Well - I am checking out the table runner from the Simply Graces book on page 26. It's an awfully small photo but looks pretty to hang on a wall. I have so many applique books and patterns though that I'm sure I'd find something similar to it here at home. I just may need a new book though.

Hugs,
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

I recently purchased fabric by Benartex from them; arrived quickly and with a hand-written note of thanks on the order form. I also received a catalog. I'd order from them again if my local shop doesn't carry what I need.

Comment

I like them and have purchased more than a few things from them. Also, they have a new feature on the site: You can custom make your own kits of specific projects by selecting fabrics from their collections. So, you have designed your own custom-made project!! How cool is that??

Also, when browsing through the books that they carry, they will show pictures of all the projects in the book. So, you'll know exactly what you will be getting.

I am expecting a delivery from them this Tuesday. I can hardly wait.

Holly

Comment

I have gotten their catolog and was tempted to buy but was un sure.... like someof you i also like too" touch fabric" before buying it.... some times the dye makes it hard to quilt through fabrics.... and you can't always tell that from a photo in a catolog. It can be the niceest fabric print,.. but if you have to fight the needle to quilt it...not so fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X