Three Piece Olfa Cutting Mat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three Piece Olfa Cutting Mat

Does anyone have the 3 piece Olfa 35x70 cutting mat. The pieces clip together. I'm wonder what you think of it if you have it. Thanks.

I have one of the two piece 72" mats. I love it, but rarely have to use the full length.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Never heard of this. Katrina, does the clip together part make a bump when cutting?
      success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
      Terry of NC

Comment

I tend to think the joining where they clip together would become problematic some time. but i've not had one. So chirp in here people who use this type of mat. We want to know...

Comment

I have three olfa cutting mats 36 x 24. I have them placed on my sewing table, end to end with the 36" side meeting the next mat on its 36" side. The three will completely cover the top of my sewing table. I use blue painters tape on the back side of the mats - one piece rolled in each corner of each mat so that there is a sticky side on the mat and a sticky side on the table to hold it in place. It's been over a couple of years and the same tape is still holding the mats in place.

I like covering the whole top of my sewing table, so that I can cut anywhere without having to reposition a cutting mat. And it is also nice that I don't have to lay out backing fabric and then try to position the cutting mat under it while trying to keep the fabric positioned, or trying to position a long piece of fabric on a cutting mat that slides on the table while I'm pulling/tugging fabric to position it.
          Being creative is accepting the flaws as perfection

Comment

Autumnleaves -- That is a great idea! I never would have thought of that. Thanks!

Comment

I have put two together but have to move them since I use this same table to sandwich my quilts
              success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
              Terry of NC

Comment

Working...
              X