Can you help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you help me?

image.jpg I need help figuring out the name of this block. This quiltvwas made by my grandmother several years before she passed away. My uncle is wanting to know the name of the block partern and we have no idea. Can anyone help? I know the picture isn’t the best, but it is all I have. Thanks! 6349B8E7-DEC1-4ED5-A33F-CA6D51857D10.jpeg

Do you have a picture of the quilt? It might help to see it on the quilt, because what you 'see' as a block, may actually be a partial block where 4 blocks together make the design you are picturing. Plus it helps to see it in the actual quilt.
    Being creative is accepting the flaws as perfection

Comment

• terribee
      terribee commented
      Editing a comment
      Here is the only picture i have .

This is an album patch block

Comment

• terribee
      terribee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much!! I am so excited to let my uncle in Texas know.

• ktdid
      ktdid commented
      Editing a comment
      I also knew it as Granny squares

• sewinguk
      sewinguk commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes - a Granny Square ....on point ??

Here is what i have as far as a picture of the quilt. 55AE1236-1E6D-4BF3-8716-62531D2A1DA4.jpeg

Comment

• nativetexan
      nativetexan commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, poor quilt. there is a product called Restore that might help those stains.

I never heard of the album patch block, but looks like the Christian Cross block on point. At least according to "Illustrated Index to Traditional American Quilt Patterns"

20211014_022006.jpg

But as already said, many quilt blocks can have several names. Grandmother's Flower garden aka; flower garden, French bouquet, grandma's garden, honeycomb, job's trouble, Martha Washington's flower garden, mosaic, rainbow tile, rosette and/or spiderweb, pseudo officially is the very traditional English paper pieced hexagonal block.

And a plain old 9-patch is also known as an Irish coin, not to be confused with the Irish chain which really in a way just another way to say 4 patch as that the only distinction between those and the 4 or 9 patch is they should be done in only 2 high contrasting colors.

Comment

Working...
    X