Military type quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military type quilt

I I think I listed this in the wrong form before. Has any one every made a military style quilt before and what pattern did they use? My friend's son just went into the Marines and she wants me to make a queen size quilt using Marine style fabric or a panel. I have found some but am not sure about laying it out. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

My nephew is a pilot as well as a flight school instructor who always wanted to join the Air Force. My late sister was pregnant with him when my wife Cheryl and I were married, so he missed out on the tradition Cheryl started in making each of the nieces and nephews a quilt. Last year I decided to design a quilt for him on EQ8 using a panel and airplane fabric. This is what I came up with.

ETA: Ignore the borders. They will be this fabric, but the darker side will face out on all four sides.

Rob

Alex.JPG
    So rather than practice makes perfect, I encourage you to think practice makes better.
    Quilts and More Magazine Summer 2021

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
      Rob the HOAQ commented
      Editing a comment
      By the way, it hasn't been made yet.

Rob

I think Jenny’s Night Sky pattern would make a nice military quilt, although it isn’t Queen size ( very few of Mo Star quilts are that big!). Our forum members made a Quilt of Valor quilt in 2019 using Americana fabrics and that pattern. E61FFE5B-9C8E-4EEA-B9CE-0404F574BD61.jpeg you could add borders to make it bigger.

Comment

Does the fabric need to be Marine Corps specific or would any patriotic fabric work? Marine Corps fabric is available at Amazon & Etsy, but red/white/blue patriotic fabrics are widely available. You could make a quilt of valor.

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
        Nwmnteacher commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe JoAnns also has Marine themed fabric.

I recently used M*s Carpenter Star for a QoV using Americana colors.

Comment

Working...
      X