Was about to toss the Sparrow 30s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was about to toss the Sparrow 30s

Howdy! I wasn't sure where to put this but... I set my machine up to do zigzag (program 5). This is what I got. (First picture). I cleaned under the plate, replaced needles, and tried different tensions. I even tried Aurifil, Gutermann, and Missouri Star thread. I also tried full bobbin and 3/4 bobbin. I also shut machine off for a couple days. I made sure to thread with presser foot up too. All had the same result. I was wondering my replacement was defective and I was about to go back to the 1980 vintage Bernina.

Last night, I double checked the manual. It says to have bobbin going counter-clockwise which is what I was doing. I got frustrated and decided to try it clockwise instead, to see what it would do. It stitched good. (Second pic). Go figure that one out. 🤦‍♀️
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Glad you figured it out! I haven’t figured out the rhyme or reason for clockwise vs counterclockwise yet, so it is good to try both ways.

Comment

I've done that before. I even did it with the logo of the machine bobbin upside down. They made those to make sure you don't make that mistake and I still managed to do it.🙄lol
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Great save!

Is your machine a Brother/Babylock machine. Easy to remember "p is perfect. You want the thread to wind off on the left hand side of the bobbin so it makes a "p". Hope that helps!

Comment

• JavaJunky
          JavaJunky commented
          Editing a comment
          I love that! It's a Sparrow 30s.

Thank you! Actually last night when I turned the machine on, it started acting up again. I think I just have a bad machine. Eversewn said it might take a few days for support to get back to me.

I have to admit it's a little disappointing since I was told Eversewn was a great machine.

Comment

I checked the manual for the bobbin. On page 12, it shows the bobbin should be in the "p" position when inserting. Is the bobbin thread wound on firmly and not squishy?

Next, what needle size/type are you using? Try a micro-tex 80/12. Be sure the needle is inserted all the way into the needle shaft. I've had them fall down just a bit and create chaos.

Next, Check page 19 for tension default and adjustments.

I hope you can get the machine issues straightened out. Good luck!

Comment

Thank you for the help!! It seems like the bobbin jumps. I was using a jeans needle but I'll try the 80/12!

Comment

Working...
            X