No announcement yet.

Scissors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am amazed at HOW MANY scissors so many people have! Fun to see the different storage ideas.

Comment

For now I have mine hanging on one of those wooden coffee cup holders.

Comment

I have two pair that stay in front of my sewing machine under my seweasy table. I have a pair in the kitchen drawer that seem to disappear and reappear (DH?) and in the mountains I have two huge pair of shears that I thought I would always use until I got the two kai scissors as a gift. Haven't used them for 5 years. A pair of Weiss have had the same fate.
        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
        Terry

Comment

• Mdtrimble
          Mdtrimble commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol! Glad I’m not the only one to use the space under my sew steady table for extra storage! My large & small sewing scissors live there, along with my rotary during the piecing process. I have another set of embroidery scissors that live in a binding/EPP kit I keep in a Tupperware in the living room.

My DH got caught using my sewing scissors for cutting paper once, by my 10 yo DD. 😂 He didn’t believe her until I backed her up that they were to touch nothing but fabric.

Guess I’m the odd one here.....my scissors are never stored....they set in every place I need them....always at the ready 🤪 ✂️
        💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

My sewing scissors are stored mainly on the pegboard behind my sewing machine. I do have several that are in a box that don't usually get used. Sentimental I think as they were my grandmothers. I have a pair that are used for cooking things in my wood block in the kitchen and then there are the utility scissors used for various things in the drawer in the kitchen and also out on the patio. I also have several pairs of embroidery scissors, one in my sewing box where I keep my embroidery, one in my embroidery bag. Seems I have an awful lot of scissors.
          Carlie

Comment

e398b9bc49bd29119e892d10cc2ab7ce.jpg I thought this was funny, lol. I saw this online.
            Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• Star lover
              Star lover commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh Heike....that is funny. I don’t lock mine...as there is only DH and me....and he knows the value of good scissors ✂️ ✂️✂️ Guess some have to get serious with the security of their valuables ✂️

My good fabric scissors aren't at risk because they are left-handed, and I'm the only lefty in the house.

Comment

Thanks for all those suggestions - plenty to choose from. Funny story re scissors - when I moved house one of the drawers in my sewing 'trolley' fell open and ALL my scissors fell on to the floor (no damage done) I was told the removal men had said 'why does she need all these scissors'. Wish they'd been around to see these comments - they might have realised I wasn't so weird after all. lol

Comment

Working...
              X