Scissors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scissors

Where/how do you store them. When I bought my machine a set of scissors was part of the deal - not brilliant but good enough. I've bought more along the way and just keeping them in a drawer doesn't seem right. What do you do - any ideas. Thanks

We keep ours in drawers. That's the only way I can keep track of mine.

Rob
    If you like a fabric, buy a yard. If you LOVE a fabric, buy three!
    Anna Bates
    "Quilt Roadies"

Comment

I have a wooden "jar" sitting on my table with scissors and rotaries standing in it.
      TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a few as well that hubby made me.

I have a pencil box that have mine, except the large ones those are in a plastic basket, all in a drawer.

Comment

I have a section of pegboard with hooks to store mine. It hangs right next to my machine.
        Barbara

Comment

• giig21
          giig21 commented
          Editing a comment
          i have a pegboard also and have scissors, thread and other items I need to access on wall behind sewing machine, really helpful.

I keep mine in a drawer of my cutting table in a canvas zippered pouch (5 by 7 inches) that says Scissors in great big letters on the front of it. I think it was made by Moda. FQS carries them and they are often on sale but the designs constantly change.

Comment

I have a pair of scissors in every drawer in the sewing room and office. I have kitchen shears in all the drawers in the kitchen. I can keep up with them now that I live alone. Lol. I must be a scissors hoarder.

Comment

I have a stand up scissors block i put mine in. Looks like a kitchen knife block. Had it for years, also have two with slots for rulers, one on table and one hanging on wall.
            Last edited by nativetexan; April 1, 2021, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• nativetexan
              nativetexan commented
              Editing a comment
              I should add mine has 8 openings for scissors on the slanted side but can be turned over and the "bottom" has four openings. depends on your scissors and how they fit.

I keep two pair by my machine. One big one small. Best scissors I ever got was german. Ginger which Funny they only export. I thought I'd find them cheaper in Germany..nope they don't sell them. I bought a set at a quilt store there...go fantastic!

Comment

• auntstuff
              auntstuff commented
              Editing a comment
              I have a Ginger. My 1983 Wiss are far superior.

I keep one small scissors next to my sewing machine. The others are hanging on the wall by my cutting table.

03E1B798-9561-4CAD-AFAF-6C2B1038227B.jpeg

There are more in drawers but these are the ones I use most often.
            ~ Carol from PA

Comment

• Ruthie734
              Ruthie734 commented
              Editing a comment
              I like that!

I keep mine in a glass pumpkin
            decoration-bunny-easter-paskha-happy-iaitsa-krashenye-spring.jpg

Comment

My husband keeps a small pair attached with a magnet to the metal leg of the table where he has his serger. I always forget that they're there but it works for him!

Comment

I have a small pair of scissors hanging from a command hook on my Longarm,
                another pair hanging from the pegboard above my cutting table,
                a third pair in the drawer of my sewing table,
                and one more pair in my small sewing box next to my favorite chair.

A large pair also hangs on the pegboard,
                another on my counter (near my longarm),
                a kitchen pair in the knife drawer, and another in my "junk drawer" (for paper and other non-fabric items),
                Hubby is allowed to use the last two mentioned pairs of scissors. and he has his own pair on his workbench/pegboard.

The other dozen or so pairs of assorted sizes, are all in a drawer (in my sewing room) specifically for scissors. I should add, two rotary cutters are also on the pegboard (45mm & 60mm), all the other rotaries (and blades) have their own drawer too.

Comment

It depends on the scissors & what they're used for. Next to my DSM, I have a re-purposed ceramic toothbrush holder. The scissors & snips I use there are stored vertical in the holes of the holder. If I'm sewing, I keep the scissors right by my machine. I also put my seam ripper in the toothbrush holder. My large scissors (used mostly for cutting batting) are stored vertically in a glass jar at the cutting table. I keep scissors next to my LA table. We have other scissors that are used for paper in almost every room of the house in a designated place. I keep 1 pr. I use just in the kitchen around food on the counter. I have pinking scissors stored in a tin can along with a seam gauge, a ruler, & several other items. I keep a pr. of scissors by the ironing board for when I trim the papers for applique or trim snowballed corners of fabric. We also have barber scissors that are stored with the hair cutting kit. We must have at least 16 different kinds of scissors, or more.

Comment

My several pairs of small embroidery scissors are in a holder that I made from wooden embroidery hoops. One pair of my good sewing scissors are hung on my peg board. The other pair hangs by my sewing machine. My "paper" scissors are also hung on my peg board.

Retha

Comment

• Granny Fran
                      Granny Fran commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would like to see that holder made with embroidery hoops.
                  Working...
                  X