Daily Deal Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Deal Question

Are rulers ever on the Daily Deal? I need to get that long ruler? The only one I have is a 61/2" square.

Re: Daily Deal Question

If you can't wait until one pops up as a daily deal, sign up for the mailed or e-mailed sale fliers from the fabric super stores. Joann often has 40% off coupons, sometimes 50%, or additional 10% off the entire purchase coupons on holidays. This is how I try to buy my bigger ticket items. Most coupons are good online too. I think Handcocks has similar deals.
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Yes sometimes the rulers are on the daily deal. I bought my dresden ruler that way.
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Overtime, I've purchased mine with coupons at JoAnn's. Michael's also has good coupons for such rulers. They always have 40% coupons, sometimes 50%.
        I've seen them on DD, but it is a long wait when you really want something badly! Debi

Comment

I got my Dresden Ruler on a Daily Deal awhile ago so they do offer them sometimes.
          I bought a couple rulers yesterday at Joann's. All their quilting rulers were 50% and there was an additional 20% off with the flyer they had mailed. My son had given me a gift card for Christmas so it paid for the "perfect" gift for me!
          Patti
          Patti
          "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Thanks for the tips about the rulers. My mom and I had to go to Hobby Lobby today to get some beads we make crystal and other jewelry. Anyway I had printed off the 40% off coupon for Michaels. I thought I would check the price and then see how much they were at Hobby Lobby.
            Well they only had one 6x24 Omni grid ruler. There was no price. I went and ask and the lady couldn't find the price so she just looked at the price of the 6x12 which was 12.99 and told me that would be the price. She went up front and told the cashier how much it would be. Then I got 40% off that since it was the highest price item. I thought that was a great deal. I checked at Hancocks and Hobby Lobby and the same ruler was 18 at one and 21 at the other. I also was able to get the circle cut ruler that I have been really wanting.

Comment

They just had one of the rulers on the DD and I didn't get it! Wish I had!!!! Maybe they will see our talk and put it on sale again soon! Coupons are great if you live close to one of those stores. I haven't bought from them on line yet.
              Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

I was told when I started quilting to always use the same brand of rulers as they vary slightly in accuracy. Is this not true? It would be cheaper to use the coupons, but I prefer the brand through the quilt shops. HMMMM? Suzy Que

Comment

Haven't heard that. As long as you used the same ruler throughout the project, would it really matter?
                  “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

The one I got is the same one they have at the quilt shops.

Comment

Misty, they are right about Joann's with the coupons and they are the same as the quilt shops, just cheaper. You can also use the coupons online with Joanns. If you use the same ruler through out the project you should be ok. Hugs, Jan
                      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Working...
                      X