Juki 2010 bobbin winding issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juki 2010 bobbin winding issue

Hello! I hope everyone is having a nice day.
    Its my first time posting on a forum like this so I'm sorry if I'm not doing this right. I've been struggling with my juki 2010 and I was hoping maybe someone could help me out? My juki is brand new, I haven't even done a test sew on it yet. I was winding the bobbin and I threaded it correctly and made sure the bobbin fell into the notch/lock thing and then pushed the curved leg to it so it could wind. Everything fit fine and I've watch a million threading videos and I can't see what I did wrong. The problem is despite everything being correct when I push my pedal the bobbin won't budge. Then, I put the speed on high and pushed my foot all the way down and the bobbin moved slowly for a few seconds then really quickly then stopped. After doing this a few times it just wouldn't wind the bobbin anymore. the pedal works fine when was just regularly sewing ( didn't sew anything just tested that the needle moved properly with the pedal) so It's got to be a problem with just the bobbin winder. I have some sewing assignments I have to get done today so I would really appreciate any advice ASAP. I tried contacting customer support but when I looked up juki's customer support just a website came up with no phone number, this quilting community is my only chance at figuring this out! Thank you!!

The curved leg may not be pushed in far enough to engage the bobbin winding belt. It can be off by a tiny bit and not start.

Comment

There is a rubber ring inside the machine that may not be set right. MM had to get inside and fix mine.
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Thank you! I tried again with the leg pushed in all the way and it did the same slow, fast, stop thing. Is an MM a mechanic? Also Is there anything else I can do besides the foot? I tried sewing with bit of thread that actually got wound along the bobbin my machine made a hugely loud sound and the stitches didn't hold do you think this could be because of the poorly wound bobbin or because of another issue I should take it in for. Sorry for all the questions and thank you so much for your responses I really really appreciate it!!

Comment

• bubba
          bubba commented
          Editing a comment
          If it's brand new, I'd take it back to the dealer and have them fix or replace it.

I figured it out! I had to push my foot on the top left corner of my pedal instead of just pushing my food down usually? I don't know what that's about but at least I got it wound thank you so much for all of your help! hopefully the sound with be gone now too.

Comment

Hello & Welcome!

This may help you until other posters come along to help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbXCpLhnLhs

Is the foot pedal plugged into the machine correctly?

Do you have a different bobbin that is already wound to try?

Do you need to turn the hand-wheel towards you to re-engage the machine after winding the bobbin? I had to do that on one of my machines.

Hope you get it fixed and can get back to your projects soon!

Comment

Arlight sorry last question
            my juki is making a super loud sound even though the bobbin is threaded correctly. I ltreid to link a video below of the sound its making but it didn't work so I decided to type it out. its making a ga-chunk ka-thunk noise ( I don't know if that helps but its looks hilarious). Any words of wisdom because I know if that sound is made it just means I didn't thread it properly but for the life of my I can't figure out where I messed up. thank you again again. Edit: I figured it out!! I just needed to get it going and the noise stopped, now I just have to even out the thread tension (?) cause very time I see there’s loops lol. Thank you thank you for all of your help I’ll be able to get my assignments done now!
            Last edited by strugglinstudent2.0; February 21, 2021, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• bubba
              bubba commented
              Editing a comment
              Be certain to oil all the spots every three bobbins. There are several places to do so, just put two or three drops in each one.

that sounds a little like it might have something to do with the thread cutter to me. Aslo - make sure your bobbin is pulling clockwise in the bobbin case.

Comment

I agree with Carol. "Ga-chunk-ka-thunk"sounds like you may have activated the thread cutter using your foot pedal. You have to be careful to not press down with your heel unless you want to cut thread. You'll get the hang of it with practice.
              *~* Myrna *~*
              *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Juki has a rubber thing you can purchase to put under your pedal so that it sort of disables the thread cutter. I hate the thread cutter on the pedal because it would randomly cut the thread because the pedal was really touchy. Before I purchased this rubber thing I used my pedal backwards. Hope you get it figured out. I love this machine.

Comment

Working...
                X