X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EsGrandma
    replied
    Re: Wonder Under - Help

Thanks so much! I will try these ideas - you all are the best!

Leave a comment:

• craftyrad
    replied

I ironed a BIG piece onto the outside of a purse I was making. Tried everything -- even emailed the company and got a reply that it was meant to be permanent and you couldn't remove it. After googling around, I found a hint to put a piece of aluminum foil over it and iron again -- amazingly, it came off. There were a few spots where I had to go over it a couple of times, but I was eventually able to salvage the fabric. Next time (and I'm sure there will be a next time ) I'll try the parchment paper also.

Leave a comment:

• jrchapman
    replied

I've done this exact same thing! I found that if you iron it again (with some baking parchment or kitchen roll on top) you can carefully peel it off while it's still hot.

Any left over glue will need a solvent to remove it. Try dabbing it with nail varnish remover on a clean cloth. Good luck x

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

You can try newspaper over it and ironing that to see if it will stick to the paper. Pull the paper up when the "glue" is hot. If it won't come off and the paper sticks, the rest of paper will wash off in the wash machine. Do NOT put the cover in the dryer if the wonder-under doesn't all come off! That is a mess you don't really want to clean up. They tell you not to wash the project in hot water as it will loosen the adhesive. Perhaps you can use hot water and then scrape it off??
    OR stick the cover in the freezer and try to chip it off. That works for gum.
    In the future, put down baking parchment paper or old muslin under your items before you iron them down. The parchment paper works like a non-stick coating.

Good luck! This could also be a good excuse for a new ironing board cover....

Cathy
    Last edited by toggpine; January 1, 2011, 11:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EsGrandma
    started a topic Wonder Under - Help

Wonder Under - Help

I was using some wonder under to lay down some applique and got it on the ironing board cover - does anybody know how to get it off? I took it off the iron with dryer sheets but nothing is budging the material - help, it is a mess!
Working...
X