Annie's Catalog? Is it safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annie's Catalog? Is it safe?

I saw a photo of this quilt I would like to make. It is available thru Annie's Catalog, just wondering is it a safe site to order from? It is not new, but new to me. Thanks.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

My daughter just ordered a pattern from that catalog. That quilt was also feature on Eleanor Burns Quilt In A Day website today as a kit.

Comment

Never ordered from them before,. Cute quilt though!
      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

OH yes, i believe so. it was called Clotilde's (sp) for decades. She passed away and her daughter took over. changed the name but i use her catalog and online too.

Comment

I've ordered from them before, and it was fine, but the one thing is they bombard you with all kinds of emails.

Rob
          There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
          --Ken Burns

Comment

• pcbatiks
            pcbatiks commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree. The emails are everyday, everyday, everyday.

I ordered a download and some fabric from them. The download was immediate. I will say they will blow up your email every day. I get about 3 a day. Most go straight into the trash.. kind of like the junk mail in the house!
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

The pattern is $8.00 on Etsy from the designer.

Have A Heart Jelly Roll Friendly Quilt Pattern Designed by | Etsy
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

• toggpine
              toggpine commented
              Editing a comment
              That makes me happy. I'd rather pay the designer directly.

I saw that pattern as a pillow and liked the idea of using scraps to make it.

Annie’s is a safe company but, as noted above, you will be bombarded with emails and snail mail flyers and catalogs.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

It took a bit, but you can unsubscribe from the email onslaught.

Now if I could only get Pinterest to stop sending email.....
              Be who you are and say what you feel
              because those who mind don't matter,
              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by toggpine View Post

Up on the right hand corner there is a check mark and you can opt out of emails from there. I never get them.

pintrest.jpg
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

• toggpine
                  toggpine commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you! I have tried.
                  I used my work email and they created a second one for some weird reason. The more I am thinking about it, I probably need to edit the request for both addresses.
                  That might be the key to ending the daily deluge.

Annie's is safe, whenever I go to a a new company, the first thing I always do after registering, is edit the preference section, I make sure emails are NOT checked! when I do get a email, there is usually a opt out or unsubscribe at the bottom of the email!
                Kathryn
                There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

Originally posted by toggpine View Post

I think I must be the only one on earth that doesn't like Pintrest. Maybe it's just me but I can't seem to get the hang of it. I do a search for something and a bazillion thinks come up on Pintrest. Then when I click on the link I get to a page with a bazallion other things and have to search forever to find what I was looking for in the first place. And if that isn't bad enough, once I find the item, it's just a picture of the item, not actually how to buy or make or do anything else with...grrrr!!!!

Comment

• Hulamoon
                    Hulamoon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It used to to be easy to find things, now all that pops up are Etsy ads!

• nativetexan
                    nativetexan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Carol, i don't do Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook etc. Way too much for me. I like more direct contact if one can get that on the internet, he,he.

• sewUK
                    sewUK commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You're not the "only one on earth" - Pinterest drives me crazy! Do you know the trick to avoid it in a search? Type in your search - leave a space and type -Pinterest. It stop it bombarding you with unnecessary links.

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                  I saw a photo of this quilt I would like to make. It is available thru Annie's Catalog, just wondering is it a safe site to order from? It is not new, but new to me. Thanks.
                  I ordered this pattern directly from the designer but I think Annie's is safe too. I thought you might appreciate some pics of the process. While I love the end result it was a rather time consuming process. It didn't help that I was in a hurry to get it done. I made the baby quilt but added to the sides and bottom because I wanted it larger, but not as large as the other size on the pattern. The 3rd pic represents about 14 yards (end to end, not total) of 1.5" strips jq1.jpg

jq2.jpg jq3.jpg

Comment

• sydneybean
                    sydneybean commented
                    Editing a comment
                    that is beautiful in the blue. This pattern would make a great wedding gift made in a throw size.

• jjkaiser
                    jjkaiser commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for the photos! Your quilt turned out just great. The only thing holding me back is I am a hand quilter and I sure don't know how I would quilt this one. But I do love the pattern.

• quiltingaway
                    quiltingaway commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't know how you might hand quilt it. Maybe some big stitch quilting. The larger size uses 2.5" strips, which might be easier to HQ? I experimented on mine. I had used a minky backing so I didn't want the quilting to ruin the texture of the fabric if I quilted it too much so I just kind of scattered some motifs around the background. In the heart I roughly followed the shape of the heart.

she puts out two catalogs now. one with quilting items and one for needlecraft. used to be all together. I like the two better.

Comment

Working...
                  X