Today is Local Quilt Shop Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is Local Quilt Shop Day!

Got an email from the Old Country Store Fabric shop that today is Local Quilt Shop Day. Even though we don't need anything from our local LQS, I am definitely glad we have them, especially with all that's going on. A couple of times I even changed the design of a quilt in order to be able to buy what I needed locally instead of ordering it online. I'm a firm believer is using what I like, but I also want to spend as much money as I can locally. I love to shop online, but I also love to see it in person. Who's kidding who? I love to shop!

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

It's also National Handwriting Day... I'd love it, at school my kids had to use their pad and pencil all day to communicate. The only exception was the cafeteria line or specials. It was sooooooooooooooo quiet!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Cokie
      Cokie commented
      Editing a comment
      Never heard of this before but what a great idea!

Love the few LQS still in my neighborhood and make every effort to buy local. I appreciate the chance to see live fabrics especially when trying to coordinate a project. I appreciate that I can get 1/4 yard cuts too.

That said I also try to support the ladies who are generous with their tutoring lime M* and Jordan Fabrics

Comment

I did visit our not real local quilt store yesterday. It is 45 minutes away. I guess for Wyoming that is pretty local.

Retha

Comment

I wish I'd have known this. We rented a car today and I would have stopped by Kaimuki Dry Goods. Oh well....
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

The best thing about shopping LQS is not having to wait for Sure Post that M* uses or the priority mail which IMO usually means low priority cause it takes way longer than it should.

Comment

Working...
          X