Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jstro
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for your suggestion. I have the template. The papers are used with the template. I was hoping MSQC would come up with an alternate way to make the block because it is their pattern that requires it and they (or anyone) are no longer selling the papers. I was hoping they would back up their product with a solution. But, I finally made up my own paper piecing pattern and since it was too big for my printer, took it to a copy center. And I'll just hope everything fits together since pattern design is not my thing! Thanks so, so, so much for trying to help!!

• jstro
    commented on 's reply
    Not on Amazon. These are the MSQC Wacky Web Triangle papers specifically for their periwinkle quilt.

• nativetexan
    commented on 's reply
    Ah, thanks., i have the square ones.

• KPH
    commented on 's reply
    The square papers are 10" squares.

The periwinkle papers are right angled, isosceles triangles. If you cut the square on 1 diagonal, it's the same as the large periwinkle paper.

• nativetexan
    replied
    i have some square papers. is that them? I will watch to see if they get more if they are the same.

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied
    Similar to the periwinkle.... If you have the template you should be able to take the paper squares and cut on one diagonal to create your own. If you're making the larger periwinkle. The small template... use the 10" square papers. Cut into quarters then cut on the diagonal. It should work.

I found this article when I looked up Periwinkle quilt.

https://yellowrosejenny.com/paper-pi...owflake-block/

https://yellowrosejenny.com/wp-conte...pattern1-1.pdf

Leave a comment:

• quiltingaway
    replied
    How about ordering the periwinkel template from M*? If you are already out $250 I would think it would be worth the investment.

Leave a comment:

• Bernina2
    replied
    I’m not familiar with this. But I just searched it and apparently they are available at Amazon.com. (?)

Leave a comment:

• jstro
    replied
    I bought material to make THREE periwinkle quilts for graduation. Then found out the papers needed are no longer available. I just spent over an hour making 1/4 of a block by drawing the pattern on a sheet of layer cake paper I had. Now I only have 239 to go! And since I'm making my own papers, I have no confidence that they will fit together to form a square. So much for a seemingly easy quilt to finish before April. I called the store and the girl tried to get me to buy 10 inch foundation paper, which she said would make 4 blocks. I tried to explain that that isn't possible, but ended up getting cut off and calling back to find they were closed. I'm frustrated and out $250. If anyone has a reasonably easy method to make this quilt, PLEASE HELP ME!

Leave a comment:

• li-king
    replied
    Good news, still think something solid is a good idea

Leave a comment:

• Little Hobbit
    replied
    Originally posted by KPH View Post
    If you've been wondering about M*s triangle papers that we all know and love. I wrote and asked where they were. I've always wanted to do a periwinkle quilt. Anyway the manufacturer went out of business and they're waiting on the new supplier to fill the order. So, sooner or later, they 'll be back.
    That is great news.

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    started a topic periwinkle papers

periwinkle papers

If you've been wondering about M*s triangle papers that we all know and love. I wrote and asked where they were. I've always wanted to do a periwinkle quilt. Anyway the manufacturer went out of business and they're waiting on the new supplier to fill the order. So, sooner or later, they 'll be back.
Working...
X