Digitally printed fabrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digitally printed fabrics

Wondering if anyone has a comment about digitally printed fabrics? Is there a noticeable difference when piecing these fabrics? Or care differences? I seem to see more and more digital prints advertised.

Thx

The only difference is the colors and designs are sharper
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

They sure are beautiful. I've used some, I didn't notice any real difference between the digital and quilter's cotton.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

The digitally printed fabrics I have worked with sewed just like regular fabric. The colors are a lot more saturated and vibrant. I haven’t washed anything I made with it yet.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I've noticed much of the digital yardage I've seen does not have the color samples on the selvedge.

Comment

• oldmanquilts
            oldmanquilts commented
            Editing a comment
            The "color samples" are not necessary for the registration of digital prints, like screen prints were. If they include color samples it's simply a courtesy.

I got my Connectingthreads catalog today. loved the blue and the gold digital prints but at $17.00 per yard, that's way over my head!!

Comment

Good question. I haven't bought any but I wondered too. I thought that was what all Spoonflower fabrics were and why they are so expensive,but I could be totally wrong about that.

Comment

I’ve worked with digital prints with fabric from Spoonflower without problems, but I’ve heard a few quilters who have found that threads pull when sewing digital prints, resulting in white “lines” showing on the print because the ink lays on top of the fabric (the color is not saturated through to the back). This results in the white on the back pulling to the front. I did not have this problem with my Spoonflower photos I had printed, thank goodness.
              Tenacity: The quality or fact of being very determined; determination.

Comment

• srgreene
                srgreene commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks everyone. Ill dive into digital now if the price is right.
            Working...
            X