Have you seen this block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you seen this block?

This is so cute. Have you seen/made it before?

twirl star.jpg

Creative Inspiration with Paula Storm: Drafting Blocks - Cosy Blog (cosyproject.com)

🌺 Lorie

Very interesting block. I like the way she explains it on her blog. Thanks for sharing

Comment

I think it's great. Looks tricky though. What's it called?
      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Hillbillyhike View Post
        I think it's great. Looks tricky though. What's it called?
        Spinning star. But I found it was paper pieced. Above me. lol
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
          Hillbillyhike commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Lorie. I will see if it is on my new EQ 8...once I figure it out, lol. I just installed it today. I've done a bit of paper pieving but it's been years.

• Judy, USMC
          Judy, USMC commented
          Editing a comment
          Lori - I can stop by and teach you in Feb 2022. I'll be island hopping for a month(+) & Kauai is on my itinerary..

• Hulamoon
          Hulamoon commented
          Editing a comment
          Judy, there is a quilt show on Kauai every Feb. if you want to add that to your travel notes 😊

I’m a fairly experienced paper piecer, but couldn’t figure out the center, so I googled the block. It’s the Spinning Star by Paula Storm, and there’s a YouTube video. (I will see if I can actually manage to add a link!). That is pretty complicated paper piecing, as there is what amounts to a set in seam in the center square. She does a good job of explaining it, I’ve just never seen it done in paper piecing before. May have to give it a try.

sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

I have seen it!! It is on the cover of one of my quilting books, which I can't look at because it is at home and I am not. I might be able to tell you mid-March!
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• Hulamoon
            Hulamoon commented
            Editing a comment
            Hope your having fun *waving* 🌴🔆

• bubba
            bubba commented
            Editing a comment
            Of course!!

It is a beautiful block and something Bonnie would have done, hands down. But ME, not so much.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Beautiful block.....I bet a quilt with them would be fabulous! .....but not something I’m going to tackle. Thank you for sharing.....sometimes seeing something gets the mind turning.....and then you come up with something else!
            💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

That is beautiful! Must look into trying it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post

Spinning star. But I found it was paper pieced. Above me. lol
                are you kidding me - of course you could do this. PP looks to confusing for this old brain though, but more and more I find I go gaga over a block only to find it's PP. Might have to give it a try someday.

Comment

nice star block
                  there is an easy piece method to centre block, just add right colour triangles to square corners, then look at the next outer units as partial seams. if partial seams an issue there is always the fake goose method.
                  you can make this block 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Cowgirl quilter View Post
                    I’m a fairly experienced paper piecer, but couldn’t figure out the center, so I googled the block. It’s the Spinning Star by Paula Storm, and there’s a YouTube video. (I will see if I can actually manage to add a link!). That is pretty complicated paper piecing, as there is what amounts to a set in seam in the center square. She does a good job of explaining it, I’ve just never seen it done in paper piecing before. May have to give it a try.
                    The link I added was hers too. Under the Video she has a link to print out the block, if anyone wants to check that out😊
                    🌺 Lorie

Comment

What a cool block especially in those colors! I have pp wall hangings and small things but never a whole quilt. You just have to concentrate on what you're doing all the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X