Bathroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bathroom

You'll be thinking I'm on the wrong website - bathroom?? but here goes. I have a small bathroom, completely grey tiled with blue grey cupboards so I'm thinking it could be cheered up just a little. So - does anyone have anything quilty hanging in their bathroom - wall hanging? banner? small patchwork picture? Is this a weird idea - just think I need something more colourful on the walls. Suggestions very welcome - thanks

I don’t have any of my quilt projects hanging in our bathrooms, but I have some of my x-stitch pieces hanging in them. Some quilters make shower curtain quilts (72” square and lightweight). I see nothing wrong with your idea .
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• sewUK
      sewUK commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, something like cross stitch. Applique maybe??

My shower curtain is a qiult top, I just use an old sheet as the backing and let that free float behind.
    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

I have made several wall hangings for the bathroom. I took a panel and mounted it on a frame for the grands bathroom.

I have a painting hanging over my tub in the bathroom now. It doesn't have a shower part, just glass bricks.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

A small sampler framed with a glass would be gorgeous. Placed in a frame with a glass would be so much easier to clean

Comment

I have a smallish wall hanging over my toilet. It was made from scraps of my curtain fabrics mixed with other fabrics, so it all coordinates. It is just hung on hooks and easy to get down to wash frequently. I thought I was weird handing that in there, but I have since gotten quite use to it and I love the look now.

Comment

I don’t have any Wallhanging in bathroom but, on a shelf, I made a bunch of tiny pillows to accent colors and placed them in a bowl and I made decorative hand towels for accent.
            "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Usually I have shelves and decor. My bf doesn't like decor on any walls..I'm breaking him down though ...I'm easing him into it!!

Comment

Here's a little one I made years ago. The colors are a little more vibrant,for some reason they look a little washed out in this pic. Good luck with your bathroom! Actually I needed a little break from watching election results 24/7 LOL.
                Attached Files

Comment

I have a wall hanging in the main bathroom. I couldn’t find anything to buy that I liked so I made something instead. It’s the bathroom my son uses and, since he’s a musician, I made a music-themed wall hanging. I’ve never inserted a picture before but I’ll give it a try......
                  I hadn’t hung it in the bathroom yet when this picture was taken so it does look a little out of place here. 😁
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.
                  Maria

Comment

• SuzyQue
                    SuzyQue commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This made me laugh.....so hard! When my children outgrew the Mickey and Minnie Mouse decor of their children’s bathroom, I redid the bathroom in a musical theme. I love the soft gray walls and the music decor looked lovely with it. All the children were very musical, so it is a common interest to all. It is an upstairs bathroom that only family sees and uses, but boy, do they give me grief about the theme! It has been done for about 5 years, but they still giggle over it. So happy to see another musical bathroom!

In our master bathroom, I have a hand painted watercolor picture of red tulips with a green mat hanging above the towel rack. I love this artist and didnt know where else I could display it. In the powder room, I have 3 prints of flowers with latin names, again hanging above towel rack.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

This would work, if you like it. I mean, where else would you hang this other than a bathroom?

https://javahousequilts.com/shop/p/w...-a-bigger-roll

Comment

• sewUK
                      sewUK commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That is so-o-o-o funny - I'll certainly put it on the list along with the other suggestions

z.JPG

No, but I have him.
                    Last edited by TMP; November 9, 2020, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X