Diagonal Seam Tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diagonal Seam Tape

Has anyone used the diagonal tape that sticks to your machine and helps with sewing corner to corner? I would like to hear about it before I buy it. I know Jenny loves it. TIA
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Bought a couple of packages but haven't tried it yet. Gina

Comment

Same here, just haven't gotten around to trying it out!!!

Comment

I received some for Christmas last year. I used it on a recent project and feel like it saved me a lot of time not having to mark all the diagonals on my triangles. For me, there was a slight learning curve. At first it did not feel as accurate, but I quickly figured it out. I left it on my cabinet edge too long and it left some sticky, but rubbing alcohol took it right off.

Comment

• Bubby
          Bubby commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

I just got some recently when I placed my last order with M*. I like using it as it saves me from having to mark lines on my squares. The hardest part for me was lining it up straight on my machine bed as there is no quarter inch line to follow on my machine past the stitch plate. I had a hard time keeping my ruler straight as I tried to stick the tape evenly.
        Maria

Comment

I got some recently too but haven't tried it yet. You all are making me feel better about that! lol

Comment

some people don't like them. some do. I thought of using something like that before but never got around to it. Good luck.

Comment

Barb ~ I haven't used it. Just have seen it demo'ed on others' machines. I usually don't mark the squares; I fold them in half with the iron.

Comment

• Bubby
                Bubby commented
                Editing a comment
                I don’t have much luck pressing a crease and sewing on it even though I stitch “in the valley” as Jenny recommends.

I have in the past. I have also used a template that I can't remember the name of. It was made by that woman who died at her husbands hands several years back (mentioned only in case it would jog her name out of someone). That really worked well! Presently, because I had been making so many things for Days for Girls before the shut down, I used one that is for 1/4" seams and really like that.
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• MSN
                MSN commented
                Editing a comment
                The Angler template by Pam Bono?

I just put washi tape on my machine and cut with a razor blade where the bobbin plate slides on. I love it. I've been thinking about getting some of the tape.
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I have this tape for seam lines on the machine. Easy on and off with no residue. I also use on the back of the rulers to mark a specific cut line. It does come in different colors.

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...glow-line-tape

PS: For bias binding, I just mark the lines across the strips on the diagonal. Remember to sew them across "the waist". The strips are like pant legs hanging down.

Comment

I have the 1/4" tape and I like it. The hardest part of using it is lining it up straight with the needle when sticking it down.
                  *~* Myrna *~*
                  *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• Bubby
                    Bubby commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks, Myrna.

I love it! No more drawing diagonal lines or ironing lines before sewing. I take the time with a ruler and straight line to get it perfect when installing it. I have a quilting extension table on my machine and I add it to that too but keep it separate on that and put one on the machine itself so when I remove the table I don’t have to put it back on the next time. One roll should last a long time.

Comment

• Bubby
                    Bubby commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good to know...thanks!

I was just looking at that yesterday and wondered if I should buy some.
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I am using it all the time when I am sewing diagonal seams and it works just fine for me. No more drawing if lines 😀
                    Find me on Instagram @auntie_uli

Comment

• Bubby
                      Bubby commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you. I think I will give it a try. I like my snowballs to match.
                  Working...
                  X