Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are some of your favorite Youtube personalities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are some of your favorite Youtube personalities?

Of course Jenny & the girls are top of my list, followed very closely by Donna Jordan, and Angela Walters (excited about the return of Midnight Quilt Show next month). But I've watched all of their videos (many multiple times), and just looking for some new inspirations.

Please share, who are some of your other favorites, and why?

Christa Quilts.. very detailed explanations. just watched a continuous spiral tute I want to do on a Minecraft quilt. Close up and clear.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIywdYd-CgY

Theresa Downunder... fast, fun and short.
    Last edited by Hulamoon; October 27, 2020, 12:22 PM.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

As much as I like Jenny, I haven't watched many of her tutorials (not really sure why, either). I do watch Donna Jordan, Eleanor Burns, Kaye Wood, Nancy Zieman, Fons and Porter (I even like Mary Fons). and the Sugaridoo lady Irene (pronounced Ih-RAY-na). I also like Karen Brown, the Power Tools With Threads lady and Anna the Wooly Mammoth on Quilt Roadies. Yep, I watch a lot of videos.

Rob
      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
      --Ken Burns

Comment

• sydneybean
        sydneybean commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think Kaye Woods videos are available anymore since she passed away. That is too bad. We used to watch her on the quilt channel when we went to Paducah for the show

• Rob the HOAQ
        Rob the HOAQ commented
        Editing a comment
        No new ones, but there are still older ones available.

Rob

• sydneybean
        sydneybean commented
        Editing a comment
        I see Kaye is back. Not long ago I looked and they weren't available. I had subscribed to her You Tube channel. Loved watching her when we went to Paducah to the quilt show. They had a quilt channel.

I like Donna Jordan because she’s cordial but very professional. I love Jenny and the Girls, of course. Natalie is one of my favorite designers and quite knowledgeable. I like Eleanor Burns but the way she talks bothers me so I seldom watch her. She’s a lovely person and a very talented quilter and designer. I love her books. I also like Laura Coia and her show, Sew Very Easy.

Rob, I like Mary Fons, too. I used to watch her tv show, Quilty, and subscribed to her magazine.
      Last edited by Bubby; October 27, 2020, 03:07 PM.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• nativetexan
        nativetexan commented
        Editing a comment
        I understood that Eleanor Burns used to be a school teacher. hence the way she talks to everyone when she is teaching. it took me a bit to get used to it but she is so funny, who can't love her?

• JCY
        JCY commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel the same way about Eleanor Burns.

• chelea
        chelea commented
        Editing a comment
        I adore Eleanor but her voice in the older videos drives me nuts. What I do love are her Block Party videos where she has an audience. Sadly, that ended last December when she quietly retired. I finally got to visit Quilt in a Day last month.

She was either a pre-school or kindergarten teacher and that’s probably the way she talked to them, which is fine.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

You didn't specify if the personalities have to be quilters, so I'll mention Mat & Savanna Shaw, father/dau. singing duo., who became popular on YT during the pandemic. I love Rory Feek. I think I've watched all of his Flogs & many other videos. I started following him & Joey when Bill Gaither introduced them on the Gaither Homecoming show. Joey died of cancer at age 40 maybe 4 yrs. ago. He's now a single dad raising his Down's Syndrome dau., Indiana (Indy). I also follow Karen Brown as well as Kathy Schwartz (Tamarack Shack); I get ideas for FMQ designs from viewing her pics. Angela Walters is a favorite. I'm getting her videos with this latest FMQ with rulers series. (I've met her in person & attended one of her classes when she spoke at our guild.) I have various other blogs that I visit periodically. Of course, Bonnie Hunter is a favorite. I read her blog daily. She takes beautiful pics of her projects, the antics of her fur babies, & the surrounding countryside when she's out hiking. Her daily quote is encouraging or challenging.

Comment

I like Jenny's tutorials....also enjoy watching Karen Brown from Just Get It Done Quilts, Angela Walters, Leah Day. Love Jacque Gerings walking foot tutorials. The ones I tend to enjoy are the ones that get to the point without talking forever before they get to the details. Y'all have listed a few I haven't heard of so I will have to check those out. Thanks.
          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
            Rob the HOAQ commented
            Editing a comment
            I completely forgot about Leah Day.

Rob

The usual ones named, M*, Donna Jordan, Angela Walters and many others for FMQ. ,
          Jaybird Quilt,

but also a few Canadian ladies.

Laura Coia (sp?) - Sew Very Easy
          Karen Brown - Just Get it Done Quilts

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Pat Sloan has a daily video on YouTube. Every informative.

Comment

Wow, my list is very different too. Always Jenny, Shabby Fabrics, crafty gemini, just get it done quilts, pat sloan, bernina and bonnie hunter. I do have Eleanor Burns books. Cooking..dinneratthezoo, delish all recipes. I got back into crochet too so have a few but no go to yet!

Comment

I like all the same tutorials but I also like Shabby Fabrics and FQ shop’s (I forget the name). Pat Sloan has good tutorials...she is so talented. Most recently, I’ve added Lori Holt since she’s started a new channel.
                "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

animated-hand-image-0052.gif Who I like in order of best >>>Jenny , she's perfect.
                  Natalie >>> Sincere, smart and likable.
                  Jennie Rayment ( English ) >>> She's too the point but knows her stuff well. She suffers fools so graciously.
                  Rob Appeal >>> He talks so fast I get tired, but love his humor and personality .
                  Lynne Hagmieer >>>She's quite original in her quilt layouts and methods.
                  and Darlene Zimmerman >>> Very funny and sweet , you feel like you always knew her.

animated-woman-image-0080.gif <<<Worst and least able to watch...fons and porter, I rather watch Beeker ( a muppet ) lie in a coma for a year, than 2 min of borrrrrring with them. ZZZZZzzzzzz and it takes a lot to bore me . It's like listening to in-laws that never shut up. Where's a strong lightning bolt when you need one heh ?

dancing-rose.gif I have never watched Nancy or Eleanor, They were before I started watching quilters. I can appreciate and respect their years of dedication.
                  Just get it done woman from Canada , her dollar store tips was okay but she is hard to watch. I would never watch her quilt anything.

animated-ballon-caption-smiley-image-0104.gif So all and all, the 2 Jens and Natalie, that's where I invest my time and interest.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPcNyDjVBMo
                  Last edited by minipinlady; October 27, 2020, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Need a break and some quick comic relief, try Jeanne Robertson https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPN...IFEK0i9rN6zFNw
                    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Wow! I wish I could remember how to save a post so I could go back and look some of these people up! I confess to practically never looking things up on YT. I always forget it even exists! Of course except for Jenny but I watch her on the M-Star app.

Comment

• Granny Fran
                        Granny Fran commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I just use the bookmark feature on my computer to save a post. I can rename it any way I want to remember what it is I want to look up. Lazy way, but works for me.

• JCY
                        JCY commented
                        Editing a comment
                        YT is my best friend! You're missing a lot by not browsing. With on line church services during the pandemic, I watch church, gospel music of favorite artists, Mat & Savanna Shaw, maybe a concert from the national quartet southern gospel conventions, human interest stories, animal videos that are quite a kick & many survival stores of pets who have been abandoned. There's more of interest on YT than on TV as far as I'm concerned. I'll have to check out Shabby Fabrics & Pat Sloan. Have never seen any of those.

A while back Bonnie Hunter showed her dog & cat sitting mesmerized in front of the laptop where she was showing an animal & bird activity video. It was a riot. She said they watched the whole program. So if your pet is bored, set it up in front of the TV or computer with an exciting animal video.

Aside from all the quilting videos, I love Ramon at Home, Sarah Richardson, Garden Answer, Farmhouse Vernacular, and Rebecca Robson/Kinwoven. I watch entirely too much on youtube

Comment

Working...
                      X