• Show
Clear All

Make a "Confetti Star" Quilt with Jenny Doan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7-54zA8edc

Enjoy !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Thanks Annika! I love this one. It might move closer to the top of the queue! ....gosh I’m such a sucker for stars 🌟
    💫 Star lover

Comment

I really liked this one! I ordered one of those background layer cakes. Seems like you could get a 4x5 layout by using 40 squares from each layer cake, add some borders, and get about a twin-size throw. Seeing the different colorways and layouts was also inspiring. I can feel "meh" about a pattern until I see it in colors I like.

Comment

I saw this pattern on the M* website a couple of weeks ago, and really liked it. I'm glad they were able to show the alternate layouts, I like a couple of them better than the original.

Comment

Thank you for putting all the links on here. I had this on my chart of quilts to make but now I must move things around again. I have this block with my fabric cutter machine and didn’t know it would make all these different quilt patterns.

Comment

Ooh. This is a pattern that Id like to have on hand. So many color, value and layout options.

Comment

I really like this Star quilt. After watching Jenny’s tutorial I decided to make a couple blocks. I just used some scrap fabric to see how the blocks went together. Bad news is ALL the pieces are on the bias. Very few of the points wanted to line up.
              Good news is there is enough extra fabric to be able to square up your
              8 1/2 square block. Would really have to watch seams to get your 1/4 inch
              because the diamond shaped angles
              didnt always line up.
              I’ll put this pattern in my pattern book after I write out the pattern instructions. May not be on my immediate to do list. This pattern will be a great way to use up fabrics from my stash.

Comment

Starch will be your friend!!

Comment

Working...
                X