I so want to start another quilt!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I so want to start another quilt!!!!

I find myself in a place that is sooooo unlike me. I have one QOV top to sandwich, quilt & bind then 2 other tops to do the same with. This is driving me crazy, I am known to many as a finisher, I rarely have a top finished but not quilted-usually have only one or two quilts/projects that I am working on at a time. I can swear I keep hearing that ever so cute 1 yd. bundle shouting for me to cut it up!
    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

When motivation and inspiration are calling, it is the perfect time to start. Don't let your moment of joy pass. Other things can wait a bit longer. animated-flower-image-0110.gif

Comment

Follow your bliss!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Cut it up!!!! The quilt police won't come and get you.
        “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
        “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

You know you want to.

you want.gif
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

that is soooo cute! yes, you know you want to go sew. I just finished an old quilt top into a quilt. Whew. finally done. i had to force myself to pick up a preprinted tote bag batting and start that. well it is sitting but i will get back to it soon! So now, you too must get back to something!! go for it!

Comment

I feel you. My space is too small so I don't start more than one quilt at a time. It would be an organizational nightmare for me. So when my fickle heart needs to fondle other fabric I sort and press and organize my stash and patterns and see the projects circling for landing. It gives me a shot of fresh until I'm ready to Finish my quilt and move guiltlessly to the next. 😉

Comment

I would just do it. Lol since moving I have such a small space to complete stuff that I do what I can. When creativity strikes I run with it. Hardly anything I make is for me. I make gifts.

Comment

Go for it! Do what makes your heart happy.

Comment

Have some fun! Start the new project and enjoy it!

Comment

I have made a decision, I will not start a new quilt but I did start on a table topper-winter themed that will be a house warming gift for BIL and his new wife. My "fear" is that if I get too many tops waiting to be completed my wonderful family will call me MARY. Backstory is my MIL (Mary) passed away a couple years ago and left behind for me to finish about 16-20 mostly finished quilt tops along with a large assortment of misc. blocks in totes and zip-loc bags.
                      One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

• ktdid
                        ktdid commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Maybe my name should be changed to "Mary"!!!

If I want to start another quilt, I do it without guilt. I have many UFOs & at least a doz. finished quilt tops, but I work on whatever I feel like. Those UFOs will eventually get done. Let the creative juices flow!

Comment

I understand it -- I dont like half-done projects. The very least, I finish a top and it goes on a hanger. When I have 5-6 hanging tops, I get at quilting them.

Give yourself permission to start a new project. It will help you to get motivated to the finish the others. Dont worry, you wont forget about them.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I have four going right now, and am gathering fabric for a fifth and sixth. Also thinking about what pattern I might use for a wedding quilt, if my stepson and his fiancé want a quilt. My brain just likes choices, I guess.

Comment

It is so hard not to start dreaming about that next project! I feel you...my DH is kind, and only rarely gives me a hard time about my fabric buying habit. I currently have 2 quilts sandwiched, 2 runners partly quilted, and 2 quilt tops waiting to be sandwiched. Not to mention 2 projects in various stages of cutting/piecing, and fabric/design picked out for 2 more projects. So why is that...10 projects in progress? One of them I started piecing 20 years ago, but that’s a long story 🤣

Comment

Working...
                            X