• Show
Clear All

What a great idea!

https://www.homesewnbycarolyn.com/lo...of8n3bjnLb4oXU

Enjoy
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

"Lap Quilt with Pockets" Sweet & clever. Ordered the pattern and will make one for myself.

Designer is obviously not a "professional" writer, as her instructions are more like she's "talking you thru it", but that is actually a little endearing, so it may be difficult for novice quilters to follow. Pattern mostly explains how to make the pocket (which is what I was most curious about), and doesn't provide the finished dimensions of the lap quilt, but In reality you could make this almost any size you want.

Edited to add: I found the finished quilt size: it's 32x39 (smaller than most baby quilts I make).
    Last edited by Caroline T.; October 21, 2020, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Hulamoon
      Hulamoon commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw three different sizes on the finished quilts. Like 33x42 was one. Maybe she just makes them and measures after to sell herself.

There are lots of useful projects here. The wheelchair quilt is near the bottom, ALL FREE!!

http://sunshinelinusgroup.blogspot.c...-patterns.html
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I do like the idea of flannel for the backing, I made a lap quilt for a friend who had a stroke and the flannel helped the quilt to not slide off her lap quite so easily.
      One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

Working...
      X