I feel so very blissed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel so very blissed!

Having a cup of tea, sitting on a comfy cozy bed in comfy cozy jammies, surrounded by gorgeous Christmas fabrics...I am in my happy place! =) Bliss...that's the word to describe what I'm feeling right now. Pure, utter bliss! I feel so blessed to feel this bliss...I feel blissed, lol. How very fortunate I am to be in this position. I certainly do not take it for granted. I am full of gratitude!

In the new year I think I will join my local guild and help make quilts for those in need. You all are such very giving of your time and of yourselves, you've inspired me to do the same...to give back to my community. I do feel the need to make my parents their comfort quilts first. They are in need of that in my opinion. And I will now make a small Christmas comfort quilt for myself. I absolutely adore Christmas! This year, like last (my parents and myself were all in three different hospitals at the same time) my family will be apart for the holidays. Hopefully their seperate facilities won't be in full lockdown and I can still do fence (or something) visits. Whatever it looks like, we will make the best of it!

Now...what to make with all of this!? I have a collection of 12 x 10" squares and one Naughty and Nice charm pack. I won't combine them but I need ideas for two different projects. One will be a wallhanging. Not sure about the other. Any thoughts??

It's so hard to cut it up! Lol. In the meantime... I'll just keep admiring it while I sip my tea

20201016_202943.jpg
    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

animated-tea-and-teapot-image-0019.gif Maybe a half hexy tree runner like Jenny made in same fabrics as your wall hanging ? I know that lovely feeling of having a perfect cup of tea and looking at my fabrics and rulers . I love rulers tho' I havent't used a lot of them yet. I still have 3 or 4 zig zag runners to finish up . Once I finish my turtles quilt, I hope to start a snowman quilt with big snowflakes. Are you on the island part of BC ? Hopefully no one is in the hospital this Christmas coming, and you all can enjoy being home with a beautiful tree and if not surrounded by family in person then good memories or previous Christmases. The red fabric with the snowman is really nice.
    I picked up some wooden cut outs at the dollar store the other day. One is a giant Christmas ball, 10 or so inches wide. I was thinking of using it to use up scraps of Christmas fabrics, like crumb quilting squares.
    Sounds like you are having a really good night.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      I like that idea, Madonna! And thank you. You really are so sweet! We are on fhe mainland in the suburbs of Vancouver. I can't wait to see your zig zag runners finished. I think maybe of I do a runner I might try that. The binding looks hard to do. I guess I could do it like my quilt as you go hexies I did, but squares. That's a neat idea with the wooden Christmas ball. Like with Mod Podge? I use to cover boxes with fabric.

If Madonna is making the zig zag runner by M* it doesn’t have binding. The edges are finished like a pillow and the raw edges are inside the backing. Super easy to do and all it takes is one charm pack and a small amount of fabric for the backing and some batting. The only quilting is ditching. Look up on YouTube. Do a search for Zig Zag Runner.

If you want a great Christmas runner, see the first one Libby posted yesterday. It has green trees and a big red star in the middle. It’s easy to make and beautiful enough to give as gifts.

It’s a beautiful thing to find your bliss🌸
    Last edited by Bubby; October 17, 2020, 06:46 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• minipinlady
      minipinlady commented
      Editing a comment
      I did make the ZigZag runner from Jenny's tutorial. It was the first runner I ever made. I wouldn't attempt it other wise, but she really does make things simple. My aunt made me the half hexy Tree runner from Jenny's tutorial on that runner, her first time making a runner. I liked the one yesterday Libby showed.
      The flat wooden cut out is for tracing the shape onto heat and bond light paper so I can iron it to the fabric, Then cut out the shape to make it an applique. I found the small wooden turtle cut out at the Dollar store, and that is how I made my turtle appliques..
      I do like the idea of gluing the fabric to the cut out. I did buy a pkg. of 5 in . bell shapes . O this could get me back into motivated and inspired again. Now I need to buy one more pkg. of those.cut outs. I would like to send my aunt some homemade ornaments. Forget the crumbs , as ornaments I would just use a charm square.. I have some pretty Christmas fabrics that would make gorgeous bells.

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      That is so clever Madonna! Great idea...cheap template!! I used to cover pressed cardboard band boxes. My MIL loved bandboxes. I made many in different shapes and sizes. I'm pleased I could motivate and inspire you.
      Last edited by Hillbillyhike; October 17, 2020, 08:30 AM.

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Bubby, I watched the video. I could definitely do that! Thanks!!

Here's a wall hanging with pretty good instructions...https://www.fairfieldworld.com/proje...-wall-hanging/

I think I will make some tea!

This is sure cute.

https://blog.fatquartershop.com/wint...and-sew-along/

Maybe just pick out a couple of blocks if you didn't want something so time consuming.
    Last edited by Hulamoon; October 17, 2020, 05:49 AM.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Very cute! Thanks Lorie.

Those fabrics are pretty and part of the fun is planning on how to use them. You have a great attitude and your bliss is contagious. I know you will find the perfect project for Christmas.

Don't worry about hard it looks to do angles in the binding. You can do it! Here is the link to the series of tips that we used these in one of our classes at the LQS.

https://quiltwithmarcibaker.com/quilt-videos/

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Awww....thanks so much Rhonda! That made me smile. After watching that, I think I can do it too.

I had my son take down couple of Christmas boxes in the garage last night. One being my small tree and one is a snowman (I am a snowman junkie). Just seeing my little guy (almost a yard tall) just warmed my heart and like your fabric, it was a blissful sight. I am thinking of decorating early this year, why wait until after Thanksgiving. Just me here at the house, so why not have merry and happy items out early.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Why wait is right! Do what makes you happy. We all need a bit of extra bliss this year.

I have two Christmas quilts sandwiched, one partly ditch stitched and can't wait to finish the Autumn one I am working on to get fmq on them. Might get the three remaining blocks done today.😁

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      You have been busy Claire! I can't wait to see them. The autumn one I'm sure will be a welcomed addition to all your beautiful fall decorations!

I love playing with fabric. My daughter loves Christmas and she took most of the Christmas fabrics I have. I'll be sewing up a storm this weekend. I hope you find the perfect project!!

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes...playing is fun. Thanks Rachel!

You made me do it. I went and looked and I have about seven Christmas themed charm packs. Now what? lol
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sorry! Haha. We'll figure it out together Lorie. We could be Christmas charm pack project buddies! Lol
Working...
X