Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXTREMELY slow MSQC orders! (That's right from 10/02 TO 10/15 ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXTREMELY slow MSQC orders! (That's right from 10/02 TO 10/15 ????

Would someone like to explain to me how it takes an order ($45) that was ordered on Oct 2....it sat in MSQC's warehouse for 6 days...that's right, 6 (six) days. Then was sent to Olathe KS....on 10/09 and according to FED-EX the package isn't going to be delivered until October 15th? Really?

Sorry, I try really hard to order things from family-owned businesses. My parents (and myself) owned small businesses too. I get it that maybe MSQC isn't such a small business any more AND I also understand the impact that COVID-19 has had on the entire country due to .....well, let's not throw WHY were are in the mess in the US we are all in, I think we all know WHY this happened and keeps on happening because you have a certain percentage of people that truly do not believe that COVID-19 is real, despite the fact people are DYING every day.

Back to the order. Yes, I read the info about it taking 6-7 days to ship....but another 7 days to get to me? Really? From 10/2 to 10/15???

I ordered the heart template and the T-shirt template because I recently found a young woman that is 38 yrs old and just diagnosed with cancer and when I saw Jenny's Heart tutorial 2 weeks ago, I thought WOW this would make a great throw quilt and pillow for her to take to her Chemo Treatments.

I thought great, it might take 3-4 days to fill the order but I'll get it within the week.....REALLY? Guess not.

Oh sure, I'll get over not being able to make the quilt quickly for the young gal (I've decided to send her one I've already made as of today and send her a pillow with the hearts on it, even if I have to make my own heart template and just enjoy the templates when they get here.

But geez....really?
    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

My orders have ALWAYS been like that. I just don't order here much any more.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

As much as I would love to comment on the first half, I fear I might get slapped. lol I simply don't order here anymore either. As much as you wish it was like in the beginning, it doesn't seem to come true for some. I'm saying that because there are those that say they don't have problems here. I'm in the other camp.

And on a personal note will you PLEASE PM me, and you know why silly girl. lol
      ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Comment

I used to get my orders within the same week I had ordered them. The last time I ordered was a couple months ago. I got the daily deal and a template....no cutting involved. Three weeks later it arrived. I don't find that acceptable at all. Yes, I know covid is going on, but when we can see it's been packed and then sits at the warehouse for days on end, that is not right.
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

the supply chains have all slowed down, with less staff would assume that be the issue,
          also would slow dispatch if having to clean everything so don't pass any possibility of germs to customers.
          it may be the parcel company on reduced staff not picking up as often
          just my first thoughts on the matter.
          thanks for sending a quilt along to the lass
          hugs T

Comment

with a second wave of this virus coming on (so they say) i can see that things will not go as planned for many of us. Hold onto your patience, things will be what they will be. for awhile anyway and we all must work with things the best way we can. Hope your pillow turns out well. Sounds like it will be lovely.

Comment

I'm finding that patience is required in these times right now. Sometimes it's not the seller's fault for slow delivery. I ordered something from a company in Louisiana not long ago. I live in Texas so you would think it would not take that long to reach me. Well, instead of the package being directly routed across the border it went up to Tennessee & then back down to Texas & finally got to me. Also, I've found that some sellers don't give you an option of how you can have things shipped to you. One company only offers 2nd day priority mail. I did not get my order on the 2nd day but still had to pay the 2nd day rate for that service.
              Patience is a virtue.

Comment

It is indeed frustrating. ..especially when you are making something for a very worthy cause, but I agree with patience being necessary right now. ..more than ever. I truly believe that everyone is doing the best they can in these times and that we don't always know the back story. When delivery people bring things to our door they are always hustling. We often have orders come late or not show up. So far I have not had any issues with M* orders. They've shipped and have comw quickly. Hope it comes for you soon and you can make your lovely sounding pillow!
                Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! ๐Ÿ˜

Comment

I last ordered in January (BEFORE the Pandemic) and it was the same thing, it took two weeks for the package to reach me and in all fairness, I normally don't order when MSQC offers FREE shipping any more either.

In the past, if you go through older comments of mine on this topic, I have always defended MSQC. I used to get my orders in 3-4 days.
                  I really do get WHY everything being slowed down due to the pandemic and have actually wondered just how many people MSQC has had to layoff to be safe during COVID-19??

I haven't ordered fabric from MSQC in YEARS (and I've been a member of MSQC's forum since 2011....almost 10 yrs? WOW! ) because it's a known fact that if you order yardage it's going to take longer to get your order shipped.

I enjoy the forum, and I love the tutorials etc. I feel bad that I complained, I really do, but with the way COVID-19 is still having a serious effect our most of our lives, I guess this is just what is going to be our "NEW normal" for the next few years, whether we like it or not!

Okay.....again, sorry, but it's nice to hear what others think too!
                  Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                  http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I have resorted to only ordering things I don't need in a hurry, stash or Block or the like. If I want something quickly it has to be local. The way the world is working now.
                    I ordered a hinge for my attic stairs in mid August, it just came this week. Now getting it installed....

Comment

Ouch, I just placed an order on Sunday, that I need to receive in 2 weeks so I can meet my deadline. Hope it works. If not, I guess I'll need to shop local. I guess I consider myself lucky that I have the option to shop local. I was trying to use one of my gift cards which I've been having since 2018.
                      Edited: I just looked up my order and it has already shipped! I have no complaints. Ordered yardage on Sunday and it shipped on Tuesday.
                      Last edited by KarenC; October 13, 2020, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• nativetexan
                        nativetexan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I just wish i could thank everyone out there working for the rest of us. This includes all of us here on the forum if anyone works in any way. all jobs are important. I am most happy I can still get food, medication, quilt fabrics, etc. People are wonderful!!

• Hillbillyhike
                        Hillbillyhike commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well said, nativetexan!

Have not ordered much from M this year only cause I try to restrict myself to DD or sales and nothing has been appealing in awhile. Digital downloads just not my thing and there are lots of those. I did order MSQC thread and a CG ruler recently and recd the order in about 5 days. For them that was incredibly fast! No hangups at surepost for a change.

Comment

• MSN
                        MSN commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well, one advantage of digital downloads is that there is no shipping delay.

I used to love to check out the daily deal and here the last few months it seems like its just pattern most days. I wonder if their stock of fabric is getting low.

Comment

And here I thought the shipping war was over (2018). As for me, I have no complaints, I just ordered on Oct. 11, DD + yardage, it's already shipped on the 13th. Yes I get it, you're not happy with long wait times. I think maybe it's time for Al to chime in and calm the waters....has anyone dropped a note to him about this?? and asked him to address the forum frustrations?
                        Kathryn
                        There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

I feel your pain, I signed up for a BOM and itโ€™s painful! It takes a week or more to ship, another 10 days to arrive and what should have been mailed in a simple large envelope arrives in a big ole box. There was another BOM I wanted to sign up for but I will pass on this most painful process from MSQ.

Comment

Working...
                          X