Oh my gosh, this is in someone's house!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my gosh, this is in someone's house!

Roaming Instagram looking at quilts. This is someone's quilting room!

quilt room.jpg
    ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Ohhhhh, i hope not too much sun (or natural light as they say these days) gets to the fabrics. Lovely colors too!
    it must be kept super clean with the batting lying on the floor!
    Last edited by nativetexan; October 12, 2020, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Lorie,

I told you not to post any pictures of my sewing room!๐Ÿ™„

Seriously, I don't know how much work I would get done in there from looking out the window all the time.

Rob
      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
      --Ken Burns

Comment

Originally posted by Rob the HOAQ View Post
        Lorie,

I told you not to post any pictures of my sewing room!๐Ÿ™„

Seriously, I don't know how much work I would get done in there from looking out the window all the time.

Rob
        What does your prints section look like?๐Ÿ˜บ
        ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Comment

• Hulamoon
          Hulamoon commented
          Editing a comment
          I bet one of your favorite movies is The Princes Bride๐Ÿ‘ธ. lol

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
          Editing a comment
          Hulamoon -- I don't know about Rob, but my husband loves Princess Bride, as do I.

• Rob the HOAQ
          Rob the HOAQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Any movie that has Andre the Giant in it can't be all bad. Loved it!

Rob

The room is beautiful but I wonder how she keeps dust off the fabric. The top row would be a pain to dust.

Comment

Here's the scoop. She owns a Canadian online fabric store.

https://piecefabric.co/
          ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Comment

• Monique
            Monique commented
            Editing a comment
            I looked at the site and those prices are for 1/2 yards.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for info. i had not heard of this Cdn store.
            Hullamoon - she sells the fabric by 1/2 yard, so double the price say on Kona to $12y. That would probably equate to less than $8 a yard. You have to do the math backwards. When I buy in US $$, say $10US is roughly equal to 13.50-14.00 CDN.

• Hulamoon
            Hulamoon commented
            Editing a comment
            I know it was 1/2 yd. If you click on the comments to the right,(they get hidden) Bubba mentions that. Thanks Suzanne for the backwards lesson. lol

I have no comment.....
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Oh wouldn't that be great to be surrounded by every day. I want to see what the other side of the room looks like!

Comment

• Vonnie
              Vonnie commented
              Editing a comment
              There's probably a longarm on the other side!

What a rainbow of colors. My guess is there is some sort of protective film on the windows to cut down on the light exposure. One of the quilt stores here has done that where there is a whole bank of windows. I keep my fabric stash protected from the light & dust.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              Me too Joy. Is this advisable to do with threads as well? I'm guessing so. I have mine on a thread rack but am thinking maybe that's not a good idea.

• JCY
              JCY commented
              Editing a comment
              I keep my threads -- both piecing & quilting -- protected from dust & light. I store them in a drawer. It's easy to see all the spools or cones when opening the drawer.

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              I have a rolling clear drawer unit I keep my jewelry making supplies in. I think I will convert that for threads. I haven't made jewelry in a long while anyways. Thanks Joy!

Originally posted by JCY View Post
            What a rainbow of colors. My guess is there is some sort of protective film on the windows to cut down on the light exposure. One of the quilt stores here has done that where there is a whole bank of windows. I keep my fabric stash protected from the light & dust.
            There is a light defusion on the windows and there is a roller shade above. What a showplace!
            โ€œOf all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.โ€ ― John Muir
            โ€œWe can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!โ€ ― author unknown

Comment

......I just woke up!......and it was a dream..... some day Iโ€™ll have a nice sized organized room. I donโ€™t really dream of a room like this, just a nice spot will do.
              ๐Ÿ’ซ Star lover

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
                Hillbillyhike commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm with you Anita. I would just like enough space to work properly. My own little sewing room with proper cutting and sewing table would be nice.

The expression... The one that dies with the most fabric wins. SHE WINS! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Comment

Working...
              X