Fabric suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabric suggestions

I am wanting to add at least one more color to Amour for my next project, a sort of flower basket quilt. Any fabric suggestions? Thank you!
    Purple, green, and gray fat quarters of flowers, script, scrolls, and more. Fall in love with the flowers of Amour. This beautiful collection features fun florals, script, and elegant scrolls on purpl

I was thinking orange and went to look for a combo of that. Found a color wheel. Maybe nothing too dark?

colorwheel.jpg

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...mageBasicHover
    Last edited by Hulamoon; October 10, 2020, 11:05 AM.
    ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Comment

That is a gorgeous fabric line! I wouldn't stray too far away from the basic colors but instead maybe find a few lighter shades of the purple and green. That will be a pretty quilt.

Comment

Beautiful bundle. Could you look at a florist site to see what colors are used in floral arrangements with purple since your working with flower basket pattern?

Comment

I had this jelly roll..my daughter took it. I would stay with the colors and do a lighter shade of green or purple or a dark gray.

Comment

A dark gray blender.
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I'm just playing to see if what I was thinking works

color mix.jpg scroll.jpg
              Last edited by Hulamoon; October 10, 2020, 02:42 PM.
              ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
                Hillbillyhike commented
                Editing a comment
                I like that. I think if adding a new colour I would add another couple or just stick to the same tones in the line.

• jcurry7386
                jcurry7386 commented
                Editing a comment
                I was thinking coral or peach, too! Any recommendations?

I wouldn't add anything to those fabrics. There is quite a variety of shades in the collection. Another fabric will dilute the pool. Designers are paid to coordinate colors and scale of the fabrics. It's like messing with paint chip colors, imho.

Those fabrics will give you lots of options for mix and match within the block pieces.

Good luck deciding!

Comment

I agree with collections being coordinated and balanced, but I'm doing a take on this basket pattern and think it requires more variation. Maybe I should just choose a different collection instead?
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• srgreene
                  srgreene commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do what you love. Your quilt your art your decisions. I usually get to the end of a project and wish I'd done something slightly differently. And that's the beauty of quilting. Each time we learn and each time we have a totally unique product. Sew a sample block of a few different colors and see if that helps you choose.

Your first instinct was coral or peach. I said orange, close enough. lol I think you should stick to what you felt. It's a cute pattern and it needs more flower colors, in my humble opinion.๐Ÿ˜ that's my humble emoji. lol
                ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Comment

You said 'at least one more colour' so maybe a rich burgundy for one of them๐Ÿค” and maybe orange/peach/coral for the other

Comment

Looking at the pattern and the fabrics, I agree with Hulamoon that you may need another color for the flowers. Have you chosen your background yet? That may help you decide. BTW: I have been eyeing that LBQ pattern.
                    Diana Grey

Comment

If it were me I would add a medium grey.
                      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

poppies.jpg butterfly.jpg

๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Comment

A medium grey would go well. However, if you are looking for something with a little more "pop," perhaps a yellow or gold?

Comment

Working...
                          X