Do you love to iron?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you love to iron?

I think this is so cute. Hey, if you can have a quilt of boots, why not irons? lol

irons.jpg iron2.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6946930...FBQUFBRi1CYmxR
    Last edited by Hulamoon; October 10, 2020, 03:29 AM.
    ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

No, I donโ€™t love to iron, but this is really cute! It would be darling in a sewing or laundry room. Yes, I have a quilt in my laundry room....lol.
    Last edited by Bubby; October 10, 2020, 06:59 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I "ironed" for some years at the drycleaners. Still kind of enjoy it. Maybe make one for them to hang in the store.
      TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I do not lol. I avoid it at all cost, other than quilting. I don't mind the pressing. My aunt worked in a laundry when she first moved to Canada. She loved ironing so much that she iromed everything...including night gowns, underwear and sheets! Lol
        Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! ๐Ÿ˜

Comment

I love it!
          Katrina
          โ€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.โ€ Maya Angelou

Comment

That is so cute! I am working on a wall hanging for my sewing room but I wish I had seen that pattern first! Yes I am weird, I like to iron! Last week I dumped out my basket of vintage hankies (that I use) and washed and ironed them, and then counted them. I had 98 plus two more in my purse. My 5 yo GD saw me holding one recently and said "What is that thing in your hand?"
            Last edited by jjkaiser; October 10, 2020, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• MSN
              MSN commented
              Editing a comment
              When I was in high school in the early 70's, I took a bunch of vintage hankies and pieced them together, then made a caftan out of them. I loved it, but it didn't wear too well; the fabric was just too fragile.

No, I don't like to iron. I think that this is a waste of time. That is why I always try to buy clothes that don't need to be ironed

Comment

That is really cute! No I don't like to iron clothes but for some reason I find it relaxing to iron quilting pieces as I'm working on them. ๐Ÿ˜
              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                Claire Hallman commented
                Editing a comment
                It is a totally different thing.

Lorie, I thought you were going to admit to having the deep dark secret that you love to iron! LOL Strangely enough, I love that quilt even though I hate to iron!

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹Here's how I deal with my aversion to ironing: After washing my clothes, I run the dryer for ten minutes on low. Then I hang up the clothes on their huggable hangers and let them air dry. When my husband wore crisp white business shirts, I sent them to the Cleaners! Now that he wears Hawaiian shirts, this method works just fine. I have a single linen blouse that needs ironing. I can live with that.

My old house had a ten foot wire shelf that I used for hanging clothes. In our new little manufactured home, I installed a second shower curtain rod in the guest bath so that I could continue hanging clothes instead of ironing!
              Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• Hulamoon
                Hulamoon commented
                Editing a comment
                lol, I don't mind ironing. The only time I ironed a men's shirt was for DH's Hawaiian shirt for a wedding. Now linen is a different story. I just purchased some light weight in three colors. I'm trying to figure what patterns too use with the least amount of seams!

I do enjoy ironing.
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
              X