Bearding alert! Don't buy this brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bearding alert! Don't buy this brand

I am working on a wall hanging that is all solids. Out of desperation because I was too impatient to wait by ordering on line, I bought some batting at Joann's. The only brand they had that was all cotton was Pellon (I didn't even know they made batting). It is bearding like crazy! Never buying this again! My wall hanging looks like it is covered with lint. I am too far into the quilting to take it all apart. Is there any hope here? When I wash it after it is completed, will the bearding disappear? Get worse? I almost always use Quilters Dream and I wish I had stuck with that but I wanted to get going if you know what I mean. Any suggestions?

I’ve used Pellon Nature’s Touch on most of my quilts and never had a problem with bearding. I prefer it to Warm and Natural. Don’t know what to suggest.

Comment

• K. McEuen
      K. McEuen commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. The Pellon Nature's Touch is nice batting.

You migh try a sweater shaver after it is washed if there is still an issue

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Why do you prefer it to warm and natural quiltsRfun?

• quiltsRfun
      quiltsRfun commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s a bit softer and has a nice drape.

Sorry, I’ve never used it or heard anything about it.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

maybe your thread or needle? I looked and it said no scrim in it. Maybe for now try using one of those sweater shavers for pills I think they are called. bumps. works fairly well. Good luck!

Comment

I just got done with a roll of pellon ..no issues. Sorry! I perfer warm and natural ..you can clearly tell which is front and which is back lol I'm super anal about it.

Comment

• Monique
          Monique commented
          Editing a comment
          I learned something new today.

• Hillbillyhike
          Hillbillyhike commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Rachel! Why is that? I would have thought the soft down and closer to where the quilt hits a person.

• Momofmonsters5
          Momofmonsters5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure why. I always used the logic that since it was a tad fluffier it enhased the quilting. In quilting though you can make up your own rules!! I was taught to quilt by a very particular person. Lol so it could have been her preference.

Funny you should mention this. I had the same problem with organic batting from Joanns: Fairfield Premium Organic. Lint everywhere. Not sure if I got a bad batch or what.

Comment

I've never used that product. In fact, I've never shopped at a Joann's store. The only time I had problems with bearding was that Star Rail Fence quilt. It had a dark red backing. I think I might have used an 18 rather than a 16 needle when quilting it. I went over it & touched up those areas with a red Sharpie! No one was the wiser! LOL.

Comment

• Vonnie
            Vonnie commented
            Editing a comment
            Good thinking!
        Working...
        X