Lint roller hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lint roller hack

We all know how valuable lint rollers can be for us quilters but they're also expensive and only cover a small area . I needed to lint roll my design wall and wanted an alternative, so off to DH's shop to steal his contractor's grade masking tape, 3 inch wide and extra sticky.

I then found I had a 18 inch length of pool noodle, so I reverse wrapped (sticky side out) the tape onto the noodle. Then I rolled the taped noodle (like a rolling pin) over my design wall, cleaned it up better and quicker than any lint roller I've ever used. It looks almost new.

What a nifty idea. Clever thinking. I'll need to remember that.

Comment

Awesome tip....thanks!

Comment

How clever! I just ran across an empty roller and almost threw it away and stopped myself. I'll just hack that for now🙃
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Brilliant, Caroline! Thanks for sharing with us. Hope all is well.
          Quilty hugs and blessings to you!

Comment

That's a great hack... now to remember it when I need it!
            Katrina
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

That's a great idea! thanks for sharing with us.

Comment

What a good idea! Thank you!

Comment

That is a great idea. Not as large but would be a little bigger would be a paint roller. We have a number of those in the house. I will be keeping that in mind!
                  Carlie

Comment

What a great idea! I recently bought the 4-refills pack for my IKEA lint roller, so I have plenty of sticky tape to put on my pool noodle.
                    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Working...
                    X