• Show
Clear All

Make a "From the Heart" Quilt with Jenny Doan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZE5oBfAGj0

Enjoy !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

I love this quilt and all the little variations that could be made.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

We do something in our guild called "Caring Hearts". If a member has surgery or a loved one has died, the president sends out an e-mail to all the members. Those who choose to participate, can send a greeting card and a "caring heart" block. There is a pattern for the heart on our guild's web site. We use a 5.25 square of fabric & applique a heart on it. Then the block is trimmed to 5" square. The block easily can be inserted in a greeting card. The recipient can make a quilt from all the heart blocks received. It's a way to let people you know care.

Comment

O I do like the idea of a quilt square in a card. What a very thoughtful thing to do. That sounds so much nicer than a big quilt of hearts. I hate pink, so a pink quilt would not comfort me at all, lol. A quilt block in a card would have me doing my best to get better and start making something with the squares. What a marvelous thing for a quilter to receive.
        That would be awesome at Christmas as well to get a card with a quilt square in it. Would be cheaper than a secret santa and think how many squares you could get . Sending a square in a card would cost no more than a regular stamp.

Comment

I think if I were to make this quilt pattern, I would reduce the no. of heart blocks. Maybe alternate with plain blocks or even pieced blocks. That's an awfully lot of appliqueing to do. I like the pillow cover. Our guild makes pink quilts every year for those going through cancer treatment or survivors of cancer. Guild members nominate recipients. They do not have to live locally. I think they do 10 quilts each year.

Comment

Working...
          X