From the Heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the Heart

I see tonight there is a new template for sale with MSQC, called the half heart template. It says it is from the tutorial Jenny did called "From the Heart " That must be tomorrow's tutorial as I have searched and could not find a tutorial using that template. I did send support a note, asking the size of it. I am tempted to order one, but at $7.95 and $12 shipping plus the American exchange rate on top of that, I don't want to get a 2 and a half inch heart.

It's for Breast awarement and goes with the patternhttps://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...-missouri-star.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

it's a 4.00" half heart template. I don't see why you can't draw your own and cut it out ,it 's just has to fit inside a 5" charm square is all
      Last edited by ktdid; October 2, 2020, 06:12 AM.
      Kathryn
      There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

It turns out it's this weeks tutorial and she explains that it's a half heart so a rotary cutter can go around it easier. So what does she do..traces it and cuts it with scissors. lol

Invest in some template plastic ( I have some with a 1/4'' grid) or something that has that same thickness, like plastic binders etc.😊
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Life has a sense of humor. I went to the thrift store this morning , and what did I find but a template for making hearts in 4 different sizes , lol. I have a bunch of patches made from last year of hearts that I just cut freehand so I have skinny hearts , fat hearts, short hearts and tall hearts. I had thought a perfect heart be nice. Now I am set. I will have to watch the new tutorial. Even if the quilt isn't appealing to me, I watch her new videos because I like watching Jenny herself. I am glad to see Natalie doing more tutorials as well, she is very likable.

Comment

• Hulamoon
            Hulamoon commented
            Editing a comment
            How funny, I can imagine your grin went you spotted them!

• minipinlady
            minipinlady commented
            Editing a comment
            I was laughing, still am . I am very glad I did not order the the other one.

I am not likely to make a heart quilt but listening to Jenny talk about the strength of words made me tear up. I loved the video for that as well as the project.

Comment

I have an Accuquilt die that cuts a 4" heart and all I could think about as I watched the tutorial was "how cute that would be in Christmas fabric....call it Christmas hearts". Seems about this time every year I drag out my box of Christmas fabric with grand plans to make something with it. Maybe this will be the year.

Comment

O I do love that idea. Christmas hearts. I do hope you make it. I sure would love to see it . awesome-cute-butterfly-smiley-emoticon.gif

Comment

Working...
              X