OLISO IRONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OLISO IRONS

Does anyone else have this problem? When I turn on my Oliso iron, it empties all of the water that's in it onto my ironing board? Completely empties itself. This is so frustrating. And, to think I gave my Kenmore iron to Goodwill because I was SO HAPPY to have an iron like Jenny!! I guess I'm going iron shopping!

I've never paid that much for an iron so have never tried that brand. I've been well satisfied with my Black & Decker. I think I paid ~$20. for it.

Comment

That's terrible!! I have had the blue Oliso for about 5 years and never had that happen. Also I admit to being pretty lazy about emptying any leftover water at the end of the day. I would contact the company. I no longer have the box mine came in but you should be able to find contact info online. Appliances do weird things tho. My microwave works fine but recently it has begun starting up into an 8-min cooking cycle all by itself after you take out whatever you are cooking so now I just keep it unplugged after I use it.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
        Editing a comment
        Our coffee maker started stopping at the 4 cup mark (which is a setting) but we didnt select. Then it shuts off, when it should stay hot for 90 mins. After months of frustration and hitting the start button several times, I have sent it to retire in the basement. If we really need a cup of joe that bad.

• KPH
        KPH commented
        Editing a comment
        Have to add to the appliance weirdness. I was sitting here, minding my own business. The washer alarmed, cycle done. Nobody had used the washer today. About 20 minutes later, the dryer alarmed, cycle done. It hadn't been used either. I have ghosts in my garage using them, I guess. lol

I had a yellow Oliso, but it sits in a drawer now. It worked fine for 4 years, but I have to admit that it had a few falls on the basement floor (light carpet over cement). I think the last one did it in. It still went up & down, didnt spew water, but it just didnt get hot enough. So I went back to my faithful old (30+yrs) T-Fal.

I know that you should empty the water when you shut it off. Maybe refill only when you will use it. I never emptied mine, as I used it daily for hours.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I would contact the company. When I first started quilting I wanted a rowenta iron as bad so I waited and paid way too much for an iron. It started spitting at me and creating dirty spots on my fabric...trashed it and bought a cheap iron and has lasted the last 10 years and still going. Some things are worth the extra money but I think we've all found that irons aren't one. I hope they send you a replacement!!

Comment

I would contact them but have heard bad stories of them on another forum.
          I must add that i stopped adding water to an iron years ago. too much trouble. i use a spray bottle when needed. works fine.
          Last edited by nativetexan; October 2, 2020, 02:59 PM.

Comment

I have love/hate relationships with irons. I have learned to completely empty the water after using them every day, however I still run into issues with spitting , water tank leaking, etc. I am on my 2nd panasonic, and now it's leaking. I think I may go shop at the goodwill store.

Comment

I hope they will replace your iron for you. I’ve never owned one because the up/down feature doesn’t appeal to me. I use a Panasonic cordless iron most of the time. For big jobs I get out my old faithful T-Fal iron.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I have the yellow one. It did that once - water all over the ironing board. Then it started turning on after the auto shut off had kicked in which would be a problem on the odd time that I got distracted and forgot that it was on.
                I contacted the company and they said they would replace it. This was back in the spring. I was supposed to get a replacement in April, then in July, now they say it may be in November. They've been out of stock due to Covid so, who knows when I'll actually get that replacement.
                The customer service department was very quick to help me so don't hesitate to contact them.
                Maria

Comment

I haven't had that issue with my Oliso.

I do have a very old iPod and the timer will go off the day after I charge it. It has happened a couple of times. I checked the timer setting and it was for 5 minutes. I should note when the timer goes off it sounds like a duck. I will be minding my own business, and then I will hear quack, quack, quack... The first time it happened, I thought I had ducks in my yard! 🦆😄

Comment

Thank you to all of your stories, I needed a laugh this am. It's not funny when it happens, I also have a Black & Decker $20.00 from walmart + a rowenta guess what I use mostly??
                    Kathryn
                    There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

I hope Oliso will give you a replacement. I have the Panasonic cordless iron in my studio. Would I buy it again? NO. One of my favorite irons for quilting came from Dollar General. If/when the Panasonic dies, I'll go back to DG for an iron.
                      *~* Myrna *~*
                      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Thanks for all your comments! I don't think I'm going to bother with contacting the company though. I don't remember when I bought it and don't have a receipt. I do know that I will never spend that much money on an iron again!

Comment

I gave up on steam in my iron. No matter the brand they eventually spit or leak. My solution is to spray the fabric with water or starch and use a dry iron.

Comment

I had a lot of issues with my Oliso mini. I still have it, but I use my $12 SteamFast instead. I agree, I will never pay what I paid for the Oliso again.

Rob
                            There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                            --Ken Burns

Comment

Working...
                            X