• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hulamoon
    commented on 's reply
    The ad says 58''

• Nwmnteacher
    commented on 's reply
    Hulamoon, if it's cotton, it's most likely 44" wide.

• Momofmonsters5
    commented on 's reply
    I know luckily we just went to joans and they had tons of halloween and christmas. Lol the lady at the cutting table said it creeped her out to cut the fabric Abby picked for mask. It's not that bad haha. Etsy used to be my go place but the mark up is getting ridiculous. Fat quarters for 15 dollars. Stupid thing is you have new people sewing and buying necause they don't know thats a huge markup for them it's a normal price since most of time stores are bare so nothing to compare it to.

• Hulamoon
    commented on 's reply
    Speaking of masks, Halloween fabric is going up and up too. Etsy sellers have been marking up small amounts. A long time ago ( not too long) it was hard to find a FQ. Now everyone sells it like it's a yard.

• Momofmonsters5
    commented on 's reply
    The description says 58" at joanns. I'll end up getting that if I can't find it. Walmart here is starting to get stock back in too. Lol i should have bought it before. You could find it everywhere before masks ...he's always loved the cowboys. Took it granted lol

• K. McEuen
    commented on 's reply
    The stuff from Joann's is only 44" wide, so the $15 for a yard of 58" isn't that bad

• Hulamoon
    commented on 's reply
    That's why I won't order from JoAnns. What a weird rule. You should see how much Michaels wants for shipping here. yikes!

Shipping was free on that Ebay fabric that's why I posted it 😊

• Momofmonsters5
    replied
    Yeah 14.99 plus shipping is high considering it's not quilt store quality. All sports fabric is like character fabrics and sold at hobby lobby, joanns and walmart for lower prices. That exact print is 8.99 at joanns right now but you have to order 2 yards. It's not my favorite print thats out but the only available.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    commented on 's reply
    One yard at 58'' wide is marked up? I never shopped for sports fabric, but I thought for a licensed fabric that would be normal. How much would it normally be? I'm just curious so I know for when I search for stuff.

• Momofmonsters5
    commented on 's reply
    It's funny ours has been invaded by men lol. I used to go in and you'd see like maybe a guy with a woman. Now you see as many men shopping alone as you see women. This pandemic has really brought out the crafter, sewer and artist in everyone!! I say this in the nicest way...an observation that's hard to miss!

• Hillbillyhike
    commented on 's reply
    I miss shopping at Joanne's!! They don't ship to Canada. We live close to the border and I used to go all the time.

• Momofmonsters5
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Lori, that's a super marked up price considering you can buy that at joanns with a coupon. I only need a little in the end I'll pay it but tired of paying inflated pricing for fabric. So thought of a trade first. Thanks!!

• Hulamoon
    replied
    Nope from me,, but this is for a full yard. Do you need a lot?

https://www.ebay.com/i/313231675460?...DefaultOrganic

Leave a comment:

• Momofmonsters5
    started a topic Fabric trade?

Fabric trade?

I need some Dallas cowboy cotton fabric, anyone interested in a trade? I have a huge stash. It's super marked up right now and out of stock locally. Thanks in advance

PS I looked for the other thread for free fabric and couldn't find it!

Rachel
Working...
X