Jane Austen Coverlet pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jane Austen Coverlet pattern

Wow, have you seen the Jane Austen coverlet pattern? I just got an email and it is gorgeous. just simple charms with borders it looks like, but the border -Wow. Love that quilt!! https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...verlet-pattern
    just found this
    https://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/assets/images/storyboards/JaneAustenAtHome.pdf
    Last edited by nativetexan; September 30, 2020, 03:48 PM.

Beautiful. I don't know why I don't think to use patterned fabrics for sashing. Did you see the M* tee-shirt at the bottom of that same page? She Believed She Could...Sew She Did.

Comment

Just beautiful!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Gorgeous pattern. So, since it's a coverlet is there no batting? Looks like you use the Jane Austen at Home Border Panel for the actual borders. Where do you get the Jane Austen charm pack? I did see where you could buy 10" stackers but did not see charm packs. I'll never make this coverlet but it sure is pretty.

Comment

Oh i thought of all those squares it would take to make the borders. whew!! I love it but I too would most likely never make it. I think I've given up on bed quilts. or coverlets.

Comment

I love it! I would make it..the pattern is out of stock ..I'll look for it. It'll be a quilt though for me.

Nevermind it's a panel...why would you need a pattern? I might use the idea though I have a layer cake in that layout would be devine!!
            Last edited by Momofmonsters5; September 28, 2020, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Are they charm squares? I thought they looked like diamonds. Whatever they are, it’s a pretty quilt. And Jane Austen is one of my favorite authors.

Edit: Just read the description. They’re all diamonds, including 2500 small ones in the border.
              Last edited by quiltsRfun; September 28, 2020, 11:51 PM.

Comment

It's a beautiful quilt! I don't think I would tackle that...not ss a bed size anyways.
                Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

I looked at this last night, and again just now. I love it! I did a google search and some places have kits listed. I almost ordered one for when they're available. Almost. I am resisting but it's not easy.
                  ~ Carol from PA

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
                    Momofmonsters5 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Green Fairy quilts has it the cheapest. I'll wait for the reviews. I'm confused on if it's pieced or panels. The price seems pieced but the panel of the middle is also available.

• Dove
                    Dove commented
                    Editing a comment
                    (see later post below)
                    Last edited by Dove; September 29, 2020, 07:39 PM.

I was thinking charms but they do look larger than that. the border would not be too hard. just set on an angle. Lovely.

Comment

It is beautiful, isn't the border a panel of sorts? It looked to me like it was printed rather than pieced.

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
                      Momofmonsters5 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      When I looked it up the whole middle is a printed panel.

they say panel i think. I would do it in squares myself.

Comment

The Riley Blake Designs web site says it's all panels.
                      https://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/as...stenAtHome.pdf
                      see page 7
                      I think I would use the very center, the basket, portion of the panel but I would make the rest of it by piecing. I just don't like only sewing some panels together.
                      ~ Carol from PA

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
                        Momofmonsters5 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm with you, I've done a couple but I like piecing better. That's a lot to pay for panels! The kits are $200.

All panels??? well that burst my bubble for that quilt! shame.

Comment

Working...
                      X