Goodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodies

We live in a tiny town in the foothills of the Ozarks. As small as our town is we have a very good fabric store. The store is owned and operated by the original founders. They have excellent prices for very good quilter grade fabric, many name brands.

I got an email today that there was a big sale on Boundless (Craftsy) precuts. There were FQ bundles for $21, layer cakes for $20 and charm packs for $5.99. Of course I had to rush down and treat myself to a few goodies. I came home with three FQ bundles and five 108” backing, ($7.99) per yard. I consider my haul money well spent.

It 6D0E0D87-4827-4674-95A2-B067BA7EAAC4.jpeg felt good to do some fun shopping again....
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Wow! you did very well and I know you had fun!! what are the plans for the lovelies?

Comment

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      I have no concrete plans but one of the bundles would be great for the Sailboat quilt I have intended to make for years. I think the purple one would make a nice Curved Log Cabin or Prairie Flower quilt.

You had an amazing day! Wow, I can only wish!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
      We live in a tiny town in the foothills of the Ozarks. As small as our town is we have a very good fabric store. The store is owned and operated by the original founders. They have excellent prices for very good quilter grade fabric, many name brands.

I got an email today that there was a big sale on Boundless (Craftsy) precuts. There were FQ bundles for $21, layer cakes for $20 and charm packs for $5.99. Of course I had to rush down and treat myself to a few goodies. I came home with three FQ bundles and five 108” backing, ($7.99) per yard. I consider my haul money well spent.

It 6D0E0D87-4827-4674-95A2-B067BA7EAAC4.jpeg felt good to do some fun shopping again....
      Barb, well done, what a bargain! You bought some very pretty fabrics but the plum one really sings to me. Is that the same store we went to?
      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, the one and the same!

You really scored today! Those are quite pretty fabrics.

Comment

Beautiful fabrics and amazing prices. Well done Barb!
        Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Yes, Cathy, it’s the same store we went to when you were here! That was a fun day!

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Wow Barb!! Great haul....glad you found some goodies!!

Comment

Do they have a website to buy from ?

Comment

• Bubby
                Bubby commented
                Editing a comment
                Sadly they don’t. They don’t even take credit cards or debit. Everything is either cash or check. I think they are missing out by not being online.
                Last edited by Bubby; September 26, 2020, 08:24 PM.

mexican-wave-penguin-smiley-emoticon.gif That's too bad they are not selling online. I was all set to have fun shopping. You did so well there.

Comment

• Bubby
                Bubby commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry......I have been shopping there for 20 years or more
                and nothing has changed other than adding more shelves for fabric. They are such a nice family and they are hard workers.
                Last edited by Bubby; September 26, 2020, 08:22 PM.

I am happy for you. =)

Comment

What great buys, Barb. Have fun with your new fabrics.

Comment

I'd say you did good....what a haul! That backing is a fabulous price!
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• Bubby
                    Bubby commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pat, that’s the regular price for the 108....when it’s on sale it’s $4.99 a yard. They almost always have a good selection. Talk about a hidden gem of a store. The owner travels all over the southern states and brings everything back in his truck. He’s in his late 70s and I often wonder how much longer he will be able to continue doing that. He has excellent connections.

• Hillbillyhike
                    Hillbillyhike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That is a great price! Regular price for good quality quilting cotton here is $18-28 per meter. So when I saw it at $10.45 per yard at MSQC I realized that even with shipping and exchange I was still far better off.

30 years ago when I first quilting (I took a very long break in between!) I used to get fabric at Joanne's for $3.25 per yard. Pre-Covid I was starting to get my fabric there again. I really miss going there right now since I'm back into quilting. Online shopping is great and I have been very happy with my fabric, but there's nothing like looking at and feeling fabric for yourself!

Hike, It amazes me how much some of our members have to pay for fabric, shipping, etc. I’m blessed beyond measure to have access to the fabric store here, less than five minutes from my house. There have been price increases over the years but the regular price per yard now is $4.39 a yard and when on sale it is usually $3.29 a yard. Quilt guilds From St Louis and beyond descend on the store regularly and nearly buy everything. I am on a private email list and I get notified every time Pops comes back with a new load of goodies.

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
                    Hillbillyhike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    At those prices, I would be too! Lol. That's amazing! I bought some from a local seller here, my first purchase before discovering MSQC. I paid over $18 per meter. That being said, it was Moda...and beautiful. It took 2 weeks to send thenorder out due to high demand and then almost another week to arrive. I placed my MSQC order after that one and received it in less than a week. It took only 3 days to travel from Missouri to Vancouver once it was shipped. Another 3 days to get to my small town in the suburbs (customs stuff I gather). I paid far less, No brainer here!

My most expensive purchase was a layer cake by an old Moda collection called Juniper Berry. I fell in love with it and the only place I could find it was from Love Stitching in the UK. It was €33 I believe. Not that bad. But with exchange, shipping and Pay Pal exchange fees this layer cake cost $80!! It's gorgeous, but I need to learn some self control! 😂 That being said...the Apricot and Ash Moda layer cake I got at that same local shop of mine was $69.99. So I figured coming from the UK it was not tooo bad. Still!!! I didn't cancel my order with my local shop, as I didn't want to burn any fabric bridges with them, lol.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                    SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hillbillyhike - Thankfully there are great on-line stores. I have access to about 10 stores within a 1 hr drive in any direction from home. I have my favorites who sell at reasonable prices. The one 10 mins from here is selling from $18-26 per metre. Sale is about $11.50. That's why I dont mind spending the extra drive to pay more reasonable prices. I hate to feel that I am paying for their overhead and staff. Its a small store and there are always 4-5 employees, with maybe 1-2 customers.

Barb -- those are great finds. I am impressed that you were so disciplined. Good score!

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

• Bubby
                    Bubby commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What discipline? I didn’t show the five wide backings I bought, too....lol!

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                    SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good point. haha
                Working...
                X