Color me excited!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color me excited!

There is some good news in the quilting world. The other day my local favorite quilt shop-Going to Pieces-announced that they are expanding their shop, it will be about double the size it is now, the new area is set to open in early November and will only require a one or two days of closures to complete the "move". Now today another local shop-Primitive Gatherings- announced they will be holding a ground breaking ceremony for their new shop in early November. I take a Hexi class there so our trip will include an extra 12 min. drive and darn but DD and I may have to find an alternative pre-class diner but hey, I am sure parking will be better and classes probably wont be held in a dark and dreary basement. I guess it helps to have been shopping local for the last 7 months.
    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

In the past few years we've all experienced local shops closing, so hearing that not one but two of your locals are expanding and obviously flourishing is wonderful news. I wish them continued success.

Comment

Happy to hear about the expansions. Looks like things are getting better for your and Amanda's shopping trips.

One of my 2 local shops even bought an entirely separate building to house their longarms and provide classroom space. My other LQS is holding strong with reduced hours which equals lower utility bills. Looks like selling mask making supplies and more time during lockdown for quilters to get behind their machines and sew is keeping their businesses open.

Comment

I'd be happy, too! I'd love to see my local store expand and/or move closer... there's an empty store near by (hint, hint) that's way bigger than their current space. Of course convincing them to move closer to me would be further from their homes... I guess that won't happen.
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
        X