Remember Three Dudes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember Three Dudes?

Remember when Jenny did the tute on it and we all jumped all over it? Then came in the uggs about how it wasn't so easy? lol Well today I found my unfinished stack and some old pictures. I think this was my first UFO.

These are still not sewn together. Which one and should I sash it or not? Or leave it in the maybe later pile? lol

Solid middle

image_20992.jpg

All mixed up

image_63736.jpg
    🌺 Lorie

If you do it the first way, I wouldn't sash that. If you do the second, I would sash that. Why? I have no earthly idea.

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Comment

I had to go look at the pics of the 3 Dudes baby quilt I made (in my albums). Mine looks totally different than your lay outs. I did not sash anything. I put a pieced border around it. I'd say it's quilter's preference whether to sash or not.

Comment

Unless lining them up is a pain, I wouldn't sash them either. farting-in-group-smiley-emoticon.gif

Comment

No sashing.

Comment

Unless it's like a sampler with different blocks I generally don't sash. I wouldn't here either. I like both.
            Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

I like the first arrangement and would sash just because, with the patterned fabric (or different fabrics), the pattern might be a bit confusing when joined up - but maybe that's my OCD at workπŸ˜‰

Comment

• Hulamoon
                Hulamoon commented
                Editing a comment
                Confusing, that's a perfect description for it. I have a black honey bun I could use.

• geegeequilts
                geegeequilts commented
                Editing a comment
                We don't want to talk about anyone that's OCD, lol! Should be CDO, lol! Gina

Haha, yes I remember those. I did a version of your top one. It's a version because yes it was harder then I thought. Turned out I finally completed it as two small window shades......two different windows shades for my upstairs hall. Since the fabrics were made from a precut pack for the most part it looked like they actually were a pair.
              https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
              Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I'd sash #1. Not #2. I like both layouts. the colors are great.

​​​​

Comment

I would sash the second one but not the first. Just wondering..... what would it look like if you combined the blocks from the 2 layouts, alternating them? Just wondering.
                  ~ Carol from PA

Comment

lovely blocks. I too like the first one best! Go for it!

Comment

hulamoon block.jpg

Saw Hulamoon's comment above so had a little play with "paint" - looking good I think. Didn't know how to add a comment with hers!!

Comment

• nativetexan
                        nativetexan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        just look at bottom of her post, it shows Quote, Comment, Flag and Thanks. click on comment.

• Hulamoon
                        Hulamoon commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You can't add pictures to comments, but you can copy and paste links and emojis.

Originally posted by sewUK View Post
                      hulamoon block.jpg

Saw Hulamoon's comment above so had a little play with "paint" - looking good I think. Didn't know how to add a comment with hers!!
                      Thanks for doing that for me! I don't like sashing much unless you have too. The skinny strips look nice!
                      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                      X