Optimism defined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optimism defined

I’ve always considered myself a pragmatist or realist. But looking at my work table this morning, I understand that I’m a hopeful believer. These small squares and triangles will eventually be maneuvered into a snuggly, warm hunk of love, friendship and family.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

All crafts people are optimists. If you believe it will happen. And don't forget there are no mistakes, only design modifications.
    sigpic

Comment

I agree. Anyone who does something creative is optimism personified. I'll never forget the first time I saw my byline in a newspaper. It was exciting and overwhelming all at the same time. To believe that not only did I have something to say that people would want to pay to read (back when people paid for newspapers), but that I had the ability to make it interesting took a lot of chutzpah. But I did it for 14 years. I look at quilting the same way, but also a bit different. I'm doing this for myself. The only person I have to be better than is the person I look at in the mirror every morning. I may never get to the point of being in competition, but that's not what moves me. It's making something today that I had never made before and trying to make something tomorrow that's even better.

Good luck!

Rob
      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
      --Ken Burns

Comment

I believe in you!

Comment

It can be overwhelming in the beginning. It's a marathon not a sprint. Keep swimming!
          Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

From your picture it certainly shows a beautiful start and look at all that work and progress already. Those are gorgeous squares. When you think on just the time and money invested in the fabric purchase alone, you know you are already into the project. Cutting all those little squares that takes time too, and there is something calming about making quilts that takes it far from a realm of mere work, but into the bringing the magic into reality.
            For what it is worth there are times when I look at everything ready , to actually start the assembling it all into a quilt, that sometimes either awes me or overwhelms me. Then that passes and then the fun starts , where everyone can see what you are creating.

Comment

You have a great start on what looks like it will be a fabulous quilt! When I am at the point you are at right now, what I hate most is being asked what are you making for dinner. Keep on going and I am wishing you have few of those dreaded interruptions!

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
                Hillbillyhike commented
                Editing a comment
                Haha. I am there right now as well. My answer...Haven't thought about it!...as I continue to quilt, lol.

I think optimism may have something to do with my “word” this year. Tenacity. “Tenacity is more than endurance. It is endurance combined with the absolute certainty that what we are looking for is going to transpire“. -Oswald Chambers
              Tenacity: The quality or fact of being very determined; determination.

Comment

Working...
              X