Barbie clothes dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barbie clothes dilemma

Ok, I've hit a road block making barbie shirts today...Everyone assumes you have access to a doll in their tutorials. I've got four shirts ready to finish..no measurements just wrap around a barbie...lol oh I wish they had given seam measurements. I have 5 dolls wrapped for Christmas...would you just open one? I'm too far into the project to scrap it. See pics. I need to measure around and sleeve placement...I will be noting measurements lol. It's a 10 year old tutorial so i cant ask the owner. All the math is giving me a headache as I can find the dimenions of the doll. What would you do? Buy a cheap one? open a Christmas present? Ill move on to the skirts as they are straight forward and no doll is needed. Thanks,

Rachel

16006412075377766448857990537194.jpg16006412407405965703684506496434.jpg
    Last edited by Momofmonsters5; September 20, 2020, 05:37 PM. Reason: Spelling

I would carefully open the Christmas present & then re-wrap it when I've gotten everything made that I wanted to make. I doubt the kiddos will notice that you've taken the doll out (especially if you put it back in the same packaging). Also, while you have the doll out I would take all the measurements you think you might need in the future as you may be making more clothes as time goes on. You sure are ahead of the game with your Christmas gifts. You go girl!

Comment

Are here any neighbor kids that might have one you could borrow? Maybe one from a thrift store would work as a dummy for you.

Comment

My daughter just told me the dolls I have aren't the same size..blah. looks like I'm buying a barbie tonight. I'll keep it as a model haha..hopefully they are under $10 as its really not something i want to buy!! No we are keep to ourselves people..we don't know our neighbors but pretty sure they are older. We see medical busses alot.

Comment

What kind of Barbie are you making clothes for? Those look like for an American girl doll?
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

I bought the barbie lori...lol you really need one it was $5....here's the clothes I did today. I got out glitches and modified the patterns. 20200920_223012.jpg20200920_222946.jpg

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              Those look grea so far. Can't wait to see the rest. I agree that buying a model wasca good idea.

Way to go.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I think you did the right thing in buying a cheap one for yourself. Once you start making Barbie clothes for little girls you will end up making MANY more. Just wait until they ask you to make a wedding dress!
              One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

When I had my tonsils out my Grandma Mac came to stay with me. She was a stickler for what I could and could not eat. Anyway, she had a pattern for a wardrobe of Barbie clothes. She made an evening gown out of the lining fabric of a velvet coat I'd had when I was 2. Then she made a coat out of the velvet and lined it, too. She was WAY more talented in the sewing department than I'll ever be.

Katrina
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

When I was growing up it seemed like we played with Barbies longer than girls do now. My GD quit when she was about 9. I remember playing with them in 7th and 8th grades yet. I used to sew clothes by hand using Barbie patterns. Guess that's where I got my love of hand sewing.

Comment

Good job on the clothes. My mom made Barbie clothes for us when I was young. A few years ago I bought myself this repro of the Barbie Dream House I had when I was young. Lucy came over during the quarantine and they drank Vitameatavegemin. barbie and lucy.jpg

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
                      Momofmonsters5 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's adorable!! Lol love it

• Rob the HOAQ
                      Rob the HOAQ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      "Do you pop out at parties? Are you un-poop-u-lar? Well, are you? Vitameatavegamin contains vitamins and meat and medge-a-ta-bles and vinerals!"

I love that scene! Here's a piece of useless trivia for you. When they were filming that scene, they wanted something that Lucy could drink without gagging and that had the same viscosity as a real medicine. They ended up using apple pectin, which Lucy said almost made her sick because it was so sweet.

A friend of mine named Kathleen Brady wrote a biography of Lucy and was able to do a sit-down interview with her. When Kathy knocked on the door and was let into the house the first thing she heard was the "I Love Lucy" theme. It wasn't ego. Turns out the television station just happened to be playing the show at that time. Evidently, Lucy wasn't even watching TV at the time.

Rob

• Hillbillyhike
                      Hillbillyhike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Haha. Love this!! Love Lucy too! Those are well dressed Barbies!
                  Working...
                  X