My DH is such an enabler, think I'll keep him around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My DH is such an enabler, think I'll keep him around

Last week my DH found a machine at a local thrift shop. Knowing my love for vintage machines he brought this home for me, even though he had no idea what it was. The tag on it said "it works, just needs cleaning" so that was good enough for him. Boy were they right about the need for a cleaning.
    Now she's all cleaned up and ready to be showed off
    I'm guessing made in the 60's or 70's. Had a heck of a time finding a manual for her. But that finally arrived yesterday, so now to learn what this ol gal can do.

Woohoo -- try to post a picture if you can.

Yes, I would say your husband is a keeper. He probably realizes that you like to keep old things around -- hence him. haha

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Sorry, but can't see the pictures.

Rob
      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
      --Ken Burns

Comment

Sorry, I'm having problems loading pictures, they show for me but others can't see ....frustrating. anyway, she's a White Superlock 504 serger.

Comment

• JCY
          JCY commented
          Editing a comment
          Try again to post your pics so we can see what you got.

Oh that is a great find. I have a White Superlock 734DW -- I have had it over 29 years. It a solid workhorse as all Whites are. I used for my sewing business which involves 80% serging and 20% sewing machine. I have learned how to clean and oil it. I have only brought it in once for servicing -- more like the dealer said I HAD TO. It hums.

I am certain that you can find the manual online. Enjoy.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
        X