Keeping busy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping busy

Not so much quilting since my quilt stuff is packet up. I am moving from the kitchen to the living room.
    There will be a quilt studio there. So I am keeping busy with learning how to spin yarn !

And I am making progress.

Here are some pictures.
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

How pretty! On your third picture it looks so nicely wound. Do you do that by hand or how did you do that?
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Swedish leo
      Swedish leo commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a ball winder. It will be chain plyed once it has rested.

• bubba
      bubba commented
      Editing a comment
      There is a simple way to do this by hand, even though I also have a ball winder. You take a prescription pill bottle, one of the taller ones, and tuck one end inside and place the cap back on. Start wrapping the yarn from the shank and when you get to the end, pull the end out of the bottle and remove the bottle. The yarn will pull from the middle just like a store wound one.

That is so interesting. You sure know how to stay busy. There is a shop (sold sewing machines) nearby me that had classes on spinning yarn. It looks so much fun and relaxing.
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

Comment

• Swedish leo
      Swedish leo commented
      Editing a comment
      It is fun and relaxing and totally frustrating until you get a hang on it. I can totally recommend it !

Beautiful Annika. How is your brother?
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Swedish leo
      Swedish leo commented
      Editing a comment
      He is as well as he can be. He is walking by himself. and has left the hospital. Living at home with personal assist. He can still not talk like fluid. It will probably take over a year before it gets better. If it gets better. He can not write either. He thinks he say something but it comes out like a totally different word . same when he tries to wright. I am just Thankful that he is alive and he is himself inside of his mind. Everything else is not as important.

Your skills never cease to amaze me!!! Great work!!!

Comment

Great looking balls of yarn. You are doing great in learning how to spin yarn. Can't wait to see some finished projects from your own personal yarn stash.

Comment

You are a lady with many talents. And you do them so well. This is not want that I would want todo. But would love to see it done. Beautiful work.
        Karen
        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

WOW you do keep busy. Glad to hear news about your brother.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words ! I am having so much fun learning new stuff ! I will post picture when I eventually get something finished yarn wise.
            sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
            The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
            A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
            And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

Congrats on learning a new process with yarn. The end result is beautiful and it looks like you had fun along the way. I can imagine the point when you discovered you made a whole ball of yarn.

Comment

Working...
              X