Singer 7285Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Singer 7285Q

I just received and unpacked my new Singer, haven't used it yet, have just looked at the video and manual. There is one foot that I cannot identify. It isn't in the manual (that has to be downloaded, no longer are they printed), nor is it part of the DVD that came with it. Please disregard the feed dog cover in the picture. I figured that one out after I took the photo. Thanks. By the way, does anyone have this machine and what is your opinion? ​ image widget

I can't seem to open your picture.
    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

I can't either.

Comment

newf.jpg I'll try again. If it doesn't work, I would still like opinions on the machine if anyone has one. Thanks.
        evy

Comment

• sewUK
          sewUK commented
          Editing a comment
          I did see in the search that the black piece was a darning plate - whether the two go together I don't know

Me neither - but I did find this rather long youtube tutorial which seems to cover quite a few feet. Hope your's is one of them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVczdRK_K6s

Comment

It is a quarter inch presser foot for piecing. I don't have your machine but I have that same presser foot. Just looked at your machine and it is similar to my brother SQ9285. I don't use that presser foot, I can't get an accurate quarter inch. I have the same problem with that foot on my Brother SE1900. Honestly, I piece on a 1952 Singer 15-91 or a Singer 301. Hope you enjoy your new machine! Joan
          Last edited by Dakota Girl; September 12, 2020, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I finally identified the foot on line. My other 1/4 inch doesn't have guide on the side and after using this one a bit I like the old one better than this one. Nice thing about this new machine is that the feet are all interchangeable with my old Singer Confidence Quilter.

Comment

Working...
            X