rotating mat....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rotating mat....

I have the Martelli rotating mat, and love it. Here is another option that looks to be identical, but at a price about half what Martelli's is (I got mine for even less than this one!). They are taking presales now, expected to ship October 1. https://www.offthewallquilt.com/prod...BUC5pzCL0FGtfU
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

That looks like a nice mat.
    Katrina
    โ€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.โ€ Maya Angelou

Comment

Looks really good. I just bought a cheaper one from Amazon though. I would have considered that one had I seen it.
      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! ๐Ÿ˜

Comment

I'm so cheap!! I've wanted one for years but still to much. I'll never understand why some supplies are so much? I was hobby lobby and they have a section for carving i believe. They have the same mats we use in quilting for 20 and ours are over 60 for the largest. Thought about it!! Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

I bought my Martelli rotating mat from ... wait for it ... WalMart.com. I bought the rotating base and the cutting top for roughly $60 (I chose not to buy the ironing surface). I just checked WalMart.com's price, and those two pieces would together cost about $75 now. Still, not a horrible price considering that Martelli would sell the same two pieces for $85 total.
          Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• bubba
            bubba commented
            Editing a comment
            The year these came out, I went to Sew Expo and talked them into selling me the sample one for $50 for the entire thing! I had to go pick it up after the show, but it was worth it!

• GuitarGramma
            GuitarGramma commented
            Editing a comment
            Bubba, that's terrific! A good example of, "It never hurts to ask"!

I can live without it at that price. I'll just rotate my block myself.

Comment

This is the one I recently bought from Amazon. I've only used it a few times but it has been good so far. It was $39.95 CDN.

15998627214265547274976617424607.jpg
            Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! ๐Ÿ˜

Comment

• bubba
              bubba commented
              Editing a comment
              I originally had a square one which I hated as the corners were always hitting things. I gave it to my sister, who recently gave it back, and now my best friend has it.

• Hillbillyhike
              Hillbillyhike commented
              Editing a comment
              I have that issue. I wish I had seen the round one first.

I have a rotating mat, but it's not as smooth as me just rotating a regular mat.
            Vonnie

Comment

• Hulamoon
              Hulamoon commented
              Editing a comment
              Just what I was thinking. I never use mine anymore.

I have a Fiskars rotating mat I bought at Walmart about four years ago for $20.00. It's been great for me. It rotates smoothly and cuts nicely.
            Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Working...
            X