Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some suggestions, please

sample 1b.jpg

I don't know if I'm going to like this. Maybe it needs another color in it? Where it looks gray-- the main background fabrics-- is actually a couple beige fabrics, both tone on tones. This is from Quiltster where I scanned my fabrics and inserted them into a blank Valley Blossoms sample. Before I start all this cutting, I have to make sure it's going to be just right. I want to keep the main colors as beige with greens but I can add another color if needed. I would appreciate suggestions- does it need more variety in colors? If so, what color and where? Or does it look fine the way it is? This is a queen size pattern but I'm going to add to each side to make it king- from 99" square to 110" square. Thanks!!!
    ~ Carol from PA

I love it!! I so want to do a pattern like that!! If you add anything purple tends to play nice with that color combo. I really like green so I love it the way you have it!

Comment

I just stared at this for a little bit. Made it larger and stared some more. I don't know about adding another color. I like it the way it is. I wonder if you add another color would it detract from the greens. I can tell you for sure my daughter would love it. Green is her favorite color.
      Carlie

Comment

When I first looked at this without any time to think my first thought was "it reminds me of a block from the 1860s." Personally, I wouldn't change or add anything. It's perfect!

Rob
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

I love it! Then, I am a big fan of monochromatic designs, especially in green.
          Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
          🙄

Comment

Adding another color would mess it up.
            TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Noooo! lol It's gorgeous just like that.
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Just like that! It says "quiet elegance" at first glance.

Comment

I love the subtle colors that you have now. It's beautiful

Comment

extra colors
                    navy red purple sage, although looks good in photo above,

Comment

I wouldn’t change anything. I think it looks awesome the way it is.
                      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I like it just the way it is. The color palette is soothing to the eye and looks very elegant together. I think adding another color would distract the eye.
                        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

OK-- so I guess it will stay the way it is! Thank you all so much for your input. I really appreciate it.
                          ~ Carol from PA

Comment

It looks like It was meant to be a two color quilt so if you don't like green change it to blue or whatever you prefer. I think adding another color would wreck it. It is beautiful but w o w --looks like a challenge! But a great project if you are in covid lockdown esp over the winter.

Comment

• Dove
                              Dove commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thanks for your input! I am going to stay with green and beige. The original pattern is done in blues and greens on a white background. It will be a big challenge but Quiltworx has a lot of video instructions, beginning with how to go through the pattern. The pattern came with all the papers for cutting the appliques. Those applique pieces, plus the written instructions, make the pattern over an inch thick! I purchased the embroidery patterns for the appliques, too. I hope to get started on cutting some pieces next week.

it is gorgeous!!. sometimes more neutral pleases the eye much more than stronger colors. This is coming from fellow quilters! we tend to love it all!

Comment

Working...
                            X