Materials needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Materials needed

I was reading a pattern this morning. Check out what's last on the materials needed list.

Materials needed:
    1 3/4 yds fabric (less if fabric is wider than 45", possibly more if fabric is narrower than 45")
    Bias Binding tape, store bought or homemade
    Thread
    Sewing machine
    Serger (or your own method for finishing raw edges)
    Electricity

smilie ha.gif
    🌺 Lorie

Definitely not written for a vintage sewing machine. I learned how to sew on a treadle and wish I still had one for that very reason...no electricity.
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

Comment

This also reminds me of the time we went to visit DS#3 and he asked me to bring my sewing machine to help make curtains. Off we went and when we arrived I found I forgot the power supply. We still got the curtains done with everyone taking a turn (or many) turning the hand wheel. We still laugh about it.
      No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
      Aesop

Comment

• Cokie
        Cokie commented
        Editing a comment
        That's funny! I'm sure it's a great family memory.

I'll never forget when Cheryl and I were in Amish country and stopped by a fabric store. The Amish lady was sewing at a machine that had a very distinctive sound, which reminded me of an air impact wrench. Sure enough, the machine was an air-powered machine. I began to wonder how they could use a generator to get the compressed air when I recognized a distinct smell--the smell of diesel, which was running the generator.
      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
      --Ken Burns

Comment

That would be a problem where I live right now.
        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Well, it certainly would help to have electricity. Unusual to see it on the list, though! lol
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Betting that was an auto spell and should have been "elastic"?

Comment

• Hulamoon
              Hulamoon commented
              Editing a comment
              lol. I'm making a top and I was reading it from a pdf pattern on my 'puter. No elastic.
          Working...
          X