Another use for petal template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another use for petal template

Saw this picture online, and instantly saw another use for the petal template. balloons baby quilt.jpg

That's just too adorable!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

That is just too cute! My first thought was when I went on a Hot air balloon ride, but then it was what else can I put in that white space?!
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

It makes a perfect hot air balloon!
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

That is adorable!
          Carlie

Comment

I really like that! A person could use up a bunch of varied lengths of leftover binding strips. I have some hot air balloon yardage that I could fussy cut for appliqueing in the white space. Oh, the creative juices are flowing! 😉

Comment

I would love to se it when you make it , sounds gorgeous.

Comment

https://www.etsy.com/listing/4943549...f=sr_gallery_8
                This is the only link I could find. It was a picture I happened to see on pinterest when looking for ideas for a baby quilt. Here are a few other pictures I saw. ballons baby quilt 2.jpgballoons baby quilt 4.jpghot air balloons baby quilt.jpg

Comment

• Hulamoon
                  Hulamoon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow the last one is jaw dropping!

Oh yes, yes, yes. i saw the template and wondered if i would ever use it. probably not but i seriously love these quilts.

Comment

I've been browsing, trying to find more info. about this quilt. Minipinlady gave me some info. in a PM. I tracked down the pattern. It's called Up in the Air, but I think I can figure it out just from the pic. If you look at the bottom of the pic, it says quiltmekiwiblogspot.com Ah, ha! I found that web site. Oh my, if you want to see some fantastic custom FMQ, you need to browse the beautiful quilts posted there. The quilter is a LAer in New Zealand. I will visit this web site frequently for FMQ ideas & to just enjoy the beautiful quilting.

Comment

Thank you for telling us . I just had a quick look and the quilts are gorgeous. I am going to make a tea and sit down to really enjoy looking at them. Appreciate the link.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The quilter on Quilt Me Kiwi is Leeanne Hooper. I e-mailed her last night & asked about this pattern. She sent me a link to the pic on her web site, but it was slightly different & the sewer had used different colored fabrics. I like this turquoise one with the bright colors so much better. I started a search yest. among my fabrics to pull out some items that might work. I'm itching to work on it, but I need to complete the Smoke & Fire quilt first; I have a deadline to meet.

Comment

All of those quilts with the balloons are delightful. The quilting is downright amazing.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing pictures of both quilts when they are finished. I find myself planning a balloon quilt soon, but need to clear some projects off the table first to make room. My problem is losing momentum. When I get excited about something I see, if I go for it right away, I get it done quick because I am enjoying it. If I put it on my to-do list , poof momentum fades fast. I may cut some balloons out to hold the enthusiasm a little longer , lol.

Comment

ballons.jpg One more picture I saw, it's cute, but still like the 1st one best.

Comment

Working...
                            X