• Show
Clear All

The Final Stitch Episode 1: Pieced Backing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl1DPyBtjDI

Enjoy !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

When I get back to working on my Ugly Quilt UFO, I plan to piece FQs together to make the backing. The top is done & just waiting for the rest of the work. The current Smoke & Fire quilt on which I've been working, I used left over blocks to make a row across the back, width wise, bordered top & bottom with a red strip. The insert is towards the bottom, but since I'm quilting it myself, I'll be able to adjust it however I want it. My LA is a table model. On some of the quilts Bonnie Hunter has been making, she's using up all kinds of fabrics from her stash; it makes for some interesting backings that don't necessarily match the fabrics on the quilt top.

Comment

I'm going to say it...it's about time they did a more in depth video to finish up a quilt. Many times I thought is that it? It's a great move to their video line-up.👍
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

I loved watching this video with Natalie. She gave a lot of great information about quilt backs.

Comment

I really liked this video. Natalie was relaxed, gracious, well spoken and knowledgeable. Great job!
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree. Informative, easy to hear and understand. Sometimes on videos people talk too fast and I don't always catch everything they say.
            Carlie

Comment

I thought this live video was wonderful. Great ideas on how to finish the backs of our tops. Thanks Natalie and the staff for a great video. Looking forward to next week.

Comment

Karen Brown (just get it done) has had a video or two about backings. She likes to use up scraps from her projects & make pieced backings which look almost as good as the front.

Comment

Natalie's video inspired me start thinking about creating pieced backings. I've always done yardage. I like the idea of being able to use smaller pieces for the back.

Comment

Working...
                  X