Need some idea help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some idea help please!

My son informed me last night that he would like a Cleveland Indians quilt for Christmas. I have no idea where to start with this. My first thought was maybe a double slice with a couple of Indians prints and a couple of solids. I did a google search but didn't really find anything other than tshirt quilts, which is not what he wants. Anyone have any suggestions for this?

Thank you!

I did a quick Google search and found these. I especially like the Green Bay Packers one, but when I was a little boy I was a big fan of Bart Starr. Also, I saw a book that is available on Amazon that has other patterns for sports inspired quilts. Your local library may have it, or might be able to get it for you.

Not sure if you have any Indians fabric, but I also found these links.

https://www.etsy.com/market/cleveland_indians_fabric
    https://www.fabric.com/buy/0402922/m...dians-navy-red

Hope this helps.

Rob
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Comment

• Cokie
      Cokie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I like the Packers quilt too. My brother was a huge Packers/Bart Starr fan when we were kids! I'll check out the book too. I think the Steelers quilt is similar to what the double slice would look like, which is why I would want to balance it with some solid colors.

I would need to balance the busy prints. That green bay and stealers one gives me a headache. My boys are kinda picky so they usually tell me their designs lol my first thought was falling charms. I really like trip around the world. My oldest sons first quilt is below...I did with diagnal based off a trip around the world. The prints were busy. You could do a busy print then either alternate team colors in the same row or a row of each? I don't know if that helps!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
      Rob the HOAQ commented
      Editing a comment
      The Steelers one definitely would be an acquired taste, but it was the layout of the Green Bay one that I liked. I also like your oldest son's quilt.

Rob

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Rob, it was my second quilt. Hand quilted too. Was so many years ago he's in the army and 23 now..still uses it! I think I made it in 2003.

Just a head’s up, there has been serious talk of the Cleveland Indians changing their name from the Indians to something else because of the pressure to be more sensitive to those who feel it is racist. I know they are no longer using their previous mascot. Several other professional sports teams have/are changing their names and logos also.

Comment

I did this for my nephew, was only able to find one cotton fabric for his team, and another print in fleece. So the fleece was used as backing, and no batting.
      20200824_191204.jpg

Comment

I did a quick search for Cleveland Indians fabric. Amazon has several selections. Hobby Lobby had 2. There also is a panel available, it you want something simple. Just add a border or two. Yes, a name change is being considered, but it sounds like it may not happen right away. Some teams already are changing their names or thinking about it.

Comment

• Cokie
          Cokie commented
          Editing a comment
          Where did you find a panel? I didn't see that one.

You know...I have some Cleveland Indians fabric, and I'm thinking about an Ohio Star with the print for the middle of the star. I'll have to give that some more thought.

Comment

102_0687.JPG102_0683.JPG

I used 2 bandannas for the focal fabrics for this wall hanging.
          Attached Files
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Cokie
            Cokie commented
            Editing a comment
            That's really nice, Katrina!

This was an interesting Pinterest page. It's all about how to assemble sports quilts. If you scroll down there is even a diagram on the square sizes.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/94223817181673038/

This came from that page.

sports.jpg
          Last edited by Hulamoon; August 25, 2020, 08:39 PM.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Cokie
            Cokie commented
            Editing a comment
            That would be nice too - similar to the one Rob posted using some contrasting colors. Thanks, Lorie!

• Hulamoon
            Hulamoon commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't forget to look at the page, lot's of ideas there too!
        Working...
        X